Chapter 29

fucking hell guys, 43k? Just over a week ago I was thanking you guys for 38k. I love you guys. This chapter's for a few of you in the comments. I see you ;) Also, song above is the one in the chapter if you don't know it.

"Long distance relationships are hard," Luke said. "I mean, with today's technology like unlimited texting, skype, facetime, stuff like that, it's probably easier but still not seeing the person everyday sucks."

Rome took a bite out of her salad. "I get that, but you never stop texting him!"

Luke looked up from his phone. "What?"

"See what I mean!" Rome laughed.

"I was kidding, I heard what you said," Luke chuckled. "But look at this adorable picture he sent me."

"Gross, Luke! I don't want to see your boyfriend in women's lingerie," Rome laughed and covered his phone with her hand.

Luke laughed and set the phone down. They were quiet again, eating their lunch.

"Now who are you texting?" Luke asked, looking at Rome who had her eyes glued to her phone.

She quickly put her phone away. "No one."

"Mhmm," Luke smirked, but that ended the topic.

They were quiet again and then all of a sudden things got serious.

"Luke?" Rome spoke up. "How's Marcus been?"

Luke shrugged.

"Has he touched you?" Rome asked.

"No, Rome. I'm fine," Luke lied.

"Has he said anything?" Rome asked.

"Obviously he has said something, he's just not going to beat me up once and forget about it." Luke snapped.

He had done more than that. His "passion project" was about how men shouldn't be able to wear womans clothes and how men should only be allowed to date women. The teacher obviously wasn't pleased with him, but she couldn't do anything, because the project was about a passion.

Luke was still shoved into lockers and walls. He was still called 'gay boy' or 'fag' and they would constantly make comments about Michael, which caused Luke's blood to boil. If it was women modeling mens lingerie, Luke was sure they would be drooling over their computers.

"I'm just looking out for you," Rome sighed and stood up as the bell rang.

They walked together to their music class and took their seats. Luke picked up the guitar he always used in the class and Rome picked up her flute. Luke loved his music class, it was where he got his peace. Marcus was in their class, but he was usually quiet. Maybe Marcus liked music as much as Luke did. The only class Luke didn't have with Marcus, was biology. 

Their newest project was to learn a song that means a lot to them and play it for the class. Singing was optional, mostly because some people did play wind instruments, but Luke got along well with his teacher, and his teacher knew Luke had a voice, so his teacher tried to encourage Luke to sing. Luke agreed.

Today was the presentations. Luke for some reason wasn't nervous. He felt ready, and he felt confident. Luke went sixth, out of a class of fifteen. He stood up and sat in a seat that their teacher set up for them. When his teacher gave him the go signal, Luke started playing the tune of Certain Things by James Arthur. (Bae) 

"There's something about you, it's like an addiction hit me with your best shot, honey," Luke sang, shutting up the class.

No one could deny Luke had a good voice. It was maybe even one of the best in the class. Luke sang through the chorus and then when he got to a line that made the song mean so much more, he sang with with more emphasis.