Chapter 1

Above is a picture of Ana De Armas who is (I think) the best fit for the main character in this book, Alyssa. Her green eyes are absolutely stunning and I love her brown hair to match it. It took me FOREVER (as I'm currently working on the 17th chapter of this book's sequel)  to find someone who would fit the description perfectly, but I think I finally found her. I'm going show a different picture of her for the next several chapters just so you can get a good idea on what I picture Alyssa as in my head when writing this story. Alright. This note has carried on long enough. I love you (even though you're probably new) and I hope you enjoy my story. (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Alyssa's POV*

"Is that everything?" My overly protective dad asks for the billionth time in five minutes.
I chuckled listening to him becoming frantic. While I could understand what he was feeling, I also found it chuckle worthy. I was pretty much used to this. "Yes, dad. I have everything," I told him.

"You have your plane ticket?" he asks checking his pocket to see if it's in there.
I smile and reach into my purse pulling it out. "You gave it to me a couple minutes ago," I say chuckling again. "It's alright, dad. I will be fine. After all, it's just..." I paused for a second and let my nervousness settle, "Los Angeles." I forced an assuring smile onto my face as I looked into my dad's matching green eyes. I knew that me showing my nervousness would just make his even worse.
He's always been worried about me as it was, but I suppose it's a father's job to worry over his little girl.
"Last call for Flight 251 to Los Angeles, California." The annoying lady's voice over the sound system burned into my ears and made an imprint into my memory. It was the memory of the moment that allowed me to finally leave this small town and head to a big city so I could start my dream career.

My dad gave me a smile as I watch water rise to the brim of his eyelids. "Have a safe flight," he told me softly, opening his arms. I opened mine as well and prepared myself for his warm, comforting embrace. "And please don't forget about us here in Indiana," he added making me pull back to look at him.

I smiled as I started to feel my tears finally arriving- the same tears that were now falling down my father's face before me. "I'll be back before you know it," I whispered, pulling my purse handle higher around my shoulder.

"Bye, princess. Be safe," he bids me ado as I turn around to head to the terminal. I had never felt more adult than I did in that moment. As I walked away from my dad and towards the opening of the terminal, I felt the sudden rush of adult responsibility flood me. I was really doing this. No backing out now.

"Bye, dad!" I called back with a wave before rushing over to the open door. I sped-walked down the hallway that began to seem all too short before I finally reached the plane's door.

This was it. This was me leaving my home town and everyone I knew so I could start a career of modeling in an alien place all alone at the age of 18.

Oh God.

A nice looking flight attendant was waiting for me as I strolled up to the door. There wasn't much of a line since I had stalled just long enough telling my dad goodbye and then walking slowly and nervously away from my dad. "Ticket please," she requested, keeping her crocodile looking smile on her face.

"Oh, yeah. I've got it here." I quickly reached into my bag and pulled out the thick piece of paper to hand it to her.

She looks down at it examining it. I watched as her smile disappeared behind her big, red lips as she observed the ticket. Great, I thought, I've been on my own for five seconds and things are already going wrong. I was honestly worried that maybe something was wrong, but her smile soon returned. "Thank you. Enjoy your flight," she said looking back up at me with a quick scan and tear of the ticket.