Gifts

Christmas came I woke up to Estella jumping and pouncing on our bed. "Preseeentsss!!!!!" She screamed. Santo sat up and grabbed her. "Come here you little elf. Let's see if Santa ate your cookies." She scrambled out of the bed and slid downstairs. I sit up in bed and scratch my head. "Did u eat the cookies?" I ask. He shook his head. "Nah. Benjamin did." Benjamin was the butler. "OK that's good." I get out of bed and kiss Santo. "Merry Christmas baby." He gets out of bed. "Merry Christmas." I go downstairs and see Estella staring at the presents under the Christmas tree. "C'mon let's get dressed first." We were going over to Santos mom's house later. I take her back up to her room and change her into an outfit. After I put the scarf on her she runs off and downstairs. Santo and Rosco our dog was down there. "Can we open them now?!!" She squealed. "You can open one. Because Reginae, Nicholas, and Madison are coming over." She crawls under the tree and grabs the biggest gift. The camera crew circled around her to get a better view. She tore the wrapping paper. "A bratz!!" She said holding up the doll. I smile. "Yes it is baby girl." Yay!!" Santo grabbed her and lifted her up into the air. "Alriiight.. a bratz!! C'mon and we can make pancakes." She took the box with the bratz inside of it with her. I go upstairs to get dressed. Everyone would arrive at 10:00 it was 8:30. I change into something nice. Then in the kitchen we made pancakes, eggs, fruit salad, toast, bacon, and sausage. We finished at 9:30. Madison decided to come early. She had a baby now, but her boyfriend left her. She had a boy. His name was Chris. He was three months older than Estella. She had him and then he lived with her boyfriend for a few months then decided he didn't want anything to do with them. So she took him back almost a month ago. She walked in with him. He was five years old. Estella was four. "Hey Madison!" I hug her. She squeals. We embrace each other. "Omg it's been so loong..." I nod. "Ik. Like a year. How have you been?" She shrugs. "I've been better. I shake my head. "Is it your boyfriend?" I asked. She nodded. "Look I don't want to talk about it and ruin this. I'll just tell you later after dinner tonight." I nodded. "Alright." I take her jacket and hang it up on the coat rack. Chris ran off into the kitchen. He has met Estella before. Once. At the wedding. He helped set the table for breakfast. Madison sits down and I make her a cup of green tea. "You want honey?" I asked. She nodded. I mix honey with her tea and add a little bit of sugar. She sips her tea quietly. She has never acted like this before. She's usually happy and high spirited. I get the plates and silverware. I looked over at Chris. He was staring at Estella's gift. "Chris. Come here." Madison scolded at him. He stuck out his lower lip. "I wanted presents momma..." he whined. I looked away and brought the food out to the table.
Something wasn't right. Something was very very wrong. Then the doorbell rang. "Ill get it mommy." She ran off. I looked at Santo. He had heard Chris. Reginae and Nicholas and her husband were there. I hug them all. Santo and Her husband go into the living room. I finish setting the table. Reginae and Madison hug. "Hey butterbutt." Reginae said hugging her. She picked up Chris and kissed him on the cheek. "Hello handsome." Then she sat him back down. Nicholas spotted Estella and gave her a hug. Chris watched them from the sidelines. I go over to Estella. "Hey why don't you go to the playroom. They all skipped off. I sat down at the table with Reginae. We looked at Madison. "Wassup baby girl. What's been bothering you?" I asked her. Madison shook her head. A tear slipped down.