Hurt feeling game

In 5th period I have gym. I was sitting on the floor listening to music when the ball rolled over to me. I caught it. I looked up to see one of the senior basketball players standing in front of me. "Hey Ava. Ball?" He pointed at the ball. I rolled it back to him. How did he know my name. He winked at me. I looked behind me. A girl that I hang out with, her name is Kayla. She's Jamaican. "He knows you?" She asked in her accent. I shrugged. "Idk." She looks back at her phone. "Hey. Look. Santo posted on instagram." I look at her screen.
He had a picture of him and Alix Lapri together. The caption read, back together for snowflake Ball. They were hugging in the hallways. She had a bouquet of flowers. So that's why he couldn't pick me up. Bc he was planning to ask Alix to the ball. I looked away from her phone. I text Jacob.
Can u drive me home?
He texted back three minutes later
Yea sure
After school Santo walked past me outside with Alix. He had his arm around her. I saw Jacob and jogged towards him. He got out the car and opened my side of the door. "Get in baby." I got in and buckled up. "I thought Santo was ur chauffeur." I shook my head. "No." He starts up the car. He pulls out of the parking lot. He drove the opposite direction of my house. "Where are we going?" I asked. "My house." I nodded. "Oh. To do what?" He looked at me then looked away. "That doesn't answer my question." I said smiling. He nods. "Ok. you'll find out." He said. I smiled and looked out the window. I liked hanging out with Jacob. It made me feel secure.