Snowflake Ball

The snow flake ball was tonight. And I didn't have a dress to wear. It's been five days since the kiss with Jacob. Now it's December 12 on a Saturday and I don't have Shit to wear. I rummage through my closet. "Ugh!!" I close my eyes. Kenye was on my bed watching tv. "Shh." I plop down on the pile of clothes. My mom walks in with Alyssa behind her. She set's down a big flat square box on my bed. "What's that?" I asked. "That's a bridesmaid dress. Your aunt sent it from Kentucky." I quickly get up and rip at the box. Inside was a long floral white dress set on top of paper. I  lifted the dress out of the box. "Ohh.. it's pretty." I held it up against me. "It's beautiful." Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah. Just take care of it cause I'm wearing it after you to prom." I ignored her and look at myself in the full length mirror hanging up against the back door.
I was ready to go to the ball. I had my hair straightened and a pair of silver stiletto heels. I was applying my last coat of lip gloss when the doorbell rung. It was Jacob. I looked up. I sat on my bed and listened to them talk downstairs.
"Hey. You must be Jacob." I heard Rick say. I heard him say something after that. Then my mom called to me upstairs. "Baby girl. Are you all done?" She asked. I waited three seconds. "Yeah! I'm coming down..." I went down the steps and saw Jacob in a black tux. He had a white corsage. He stated at me in awe. I smiled. "Hey... you look... gorgeous." I look around the living room. Kenye had brought a bunch of his older fronds over. They looked up at me. I flipped my hair and smiled at Jacob.  "Thanks." He handed me the corsage. "I didn't know what color you would be wearing, but since it's snowflake, I got white." I take it from him. "Thank you. It's perfect."