Lucky

After Madison left the parking lot, Santo drove me home. He had the windows down. My curly hair blew in the wind. Santo pulled up into the driveway. "Thanks." I unbuckled. Santo turned to me. "Hey. Um. What are you doing tonight?" He asked. I shrugged. "Homework. Why?" He shook his head. "Nvm." I shrugged and got out the car. Then I turned around. "You wanna come in?" I asked. Santos face lit up. "Yeah." He put the car into park and unbuckled. He brought his book bag with him.
When we stepped into the house, Amiya and Kenye were in the kitchen baking cookies. Amiya looked up at Santo. "Hey Ava. Who's your friend?" She asked. I pinch Kenye's cheek. "That's Santo." Santo waved. Amiya licked the spoon with batter on it. Hoe. We went up to my room. I set my books on my desk. "So. This is your room.." I nodded. I plop down in a chair and pull out my history book. He sat down too. He pulled out his Spanish notebook. We were quiet for a moment. The only sound was the sound of flipping papers. After 20 minutes, I looked up and saw Santo had his head down. "This is boring." He sighs. I smiled. "Of course it's boring. It's homework." He rolled his eyes. I look back down at my book. The words kinda made since but not that much. I continued to read. After another 20 minutes, I closed the book with a loud sigh. "Fuck history." He laughed and sat up. "So. You want a record deal...." he said. I nodded. "Yeah. I like singing. After cheering." Santo nodded. "Cool." I lean back in my chair and put my arms under my thighs. "Hey. Um.... the school... is having the Snowflake Ball, and.." "bleep. Bleeep. Bleep." The notification on my phone went off. "Oh. I'm sorry hold on." I said. I had a text message from Jacob.
Snowflake Ball? Yes or no
I raised an eyebrow. Fuck yes. But Reginae would be Pissed. I call Reginae. "Hey." I said. "Hey bitch." She said. "I was wondering if you would be upset if... I went to the Snowflake Ball.... with... Jacob...." there was silence on the other end of the phone. "No. Go ahead. I think he's actually into you." She said. I smiled. "Fr? Ur okay with it?" I asked. "Yeah. Besides someone else asked me." I gasp. "Oooh tell me!" She laughed. "Noah Johnson." I gasp again. "From the varsity basketball team?" "Yess..." I smiled. "Lucky. Well Imma text u later. I gotta go." "Bye Ava." She said. We hang up. I look up at Santo. "So what were you saying.." he stood up and grabbed his books. "Nothing. Forget it." I frowned. "Hey. Wait. Are you mad? At me?" I asked. He ignored me and grabbed his backpack. He walked out of my room. Wtf? Rly? What was his problem?