The Truth

We sat down after school in his car. We were in the parking lot. Just the two of us. The parking lot had cleared out. I sat there in the seat next to him. Tears ran down my face. "Ava.. what's wrong. Is it something I did?" I shook my head. Technically it was. "Then what? Tell me.." I closed my eyes and exhale. I grabbed his hand. He gripped my hand back. I put his hand under my shirt and let it rest on my stomach. His hand immediately flinched back. "What is that?" He said. I closed my eyes and cried. He sat in his seat staring at me for a minute. "Ava. Is that... ours?" I nodded. He grabbed my sweater and lifted it up. He started at the bump. "But- we- we only did it once." I shrugged. "One too many times." I said. He sat back in his seat and put his head on the steering wheel. He sat like for five minutes. Then he turned to me. He put his arms around me and pulled me close. "It's gonna be ok. It's ok.... I'm not going to leave you. It's ok....." He held my hand. "We'll be okay."
It was step two in my plan. Tell my mom. We was in the kitchen cooking dinner when she told me to grab some plates. Then she stopped stirring the pot of chicken noodle soup. She turned around and faced me. "Ava. Come here." I froze. "Now." Alyssa and Amiya and Kenye looked up at us from their spots at the counter. "All of you guys go upstairs. Now!" My mom screamed. My heart began to beat hard in my chest. She knew. I looked at Amiya. She looked at me with wide eyes. Then she ran upstairs. I walked over to my mom. She had a wooden spoon in her hand. "Lift up your shirt." She ordered me. "Momma I-" "LIFT UP YOUR SHIRT!!!" She yelled. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and slowly lifted it up. When she saw the bump she dropped the wooden spoon in her hand and walked up stairs. The spoon clattered to the ground. "Momma. Wait. Listen-" She turned around on the last step. "Pack your things." She hissed. I crashed to the floor and onto my knees. I cried. I cried and cried and cried.