Christmas

It's three weeks later and it's almost Christmas. The family was in the living room decorating the Christmas tree and hanging up stockings. Later Reginae and I would make cookie for Santa. I was hanging up an ornament when I looked the window and saw a black van pull up in our drive. It was the camera crew. "Okay. The crew is here... get ready.." I said setting the ornament back in its box. Two minutes later and there is a knock at the door. I open it and allow them to set up for the show. We go back to decorating the tree. It was a very casual thing to do. Santo came up behind me and kissed my cheek. "Baby..  I'm tired I'm going to take a nap real quick." I nodded. "Okay. But come down in time for the hot chocolate." He yawned and walked upstairs. Estella watched him go. Then she turned back to the Christmas tree. Then the director told us to change into our onesies for a Christmas picture. Nicholas and Estella sat on the couch and watched home alone 2 while they took pictures of me and my sister's. Something about this Christmas felt different. I liked it. It was nice.
Later Santo came down and drank hot chocolate with us. "Mommy!!!" Estella gasped at me. I turned to her. "What is it baby girl?" She set her cup down. "I forgot to tell you.... that.. that I learned a new song..in class.. yesterday.. it's called... uhhh... hmmm..silent night." I smile. "Thats great baby girl. Can you sing it for me?" She nodded and took a deep breath. "Holy... niighhh..... silent niiighh.... all is calm. All is right..." she clapped her hands. "That's all I remember though." We all clapped for her. She took a sip of her hot chocolate. Santo wiped the chocolate off of her upper lip. "That's great Stella..."