Tryouts

The first girls to tryout was Alix. She wasnt nervous anymore. She seemed energized. She did the cheer that they taught us and counted out loud. She did look like she was having fun. I sat on the bleachers jiggling my leg up and down. "Girl. Calm down. She probably not gonna make it. Shes a little bit off. Her counts." Reginae said snickering a little. I nodded. "Number 12 and 13!!" The coach called. It was theses two twins that ik were probably going to make it. They were in sync and everything. I sighed and sat back. Fuck them. They finished the cheer with a double round off. I look away and at Santo. He was looking at Alix. I looked away and sipped my water. Shit I was getting nervous. I was number 17 and Reginae was 18. We had decided to do the cheer together. "Number 14!" A little white girl ran up and began the cheer. She was quiet. Too quiet. "Speak loud!" The coach yelled. She paused in the middle of the cheer. She had forgotten the rest of it. "Just go." The coach said scratching her name off the list. She quickly stormed out of the gym with tears in her eyes. I sighed. This was very nerve racking. "15!" She called. No one came out to the gym. "Number 15?! Anyone?!!" She yelled frustrated. No one came out. "Okay... Moving on... 16." A short girl black girl with blonde highlights came out. She did the cheer in sync and was loud enough. She did a back handspring just to show off at the end. She clapped and cheered. Whoooo!!! Go Manatees!!" She quickly left the the center of the gym. "Number 17 and 18!!" She called. Shit. This was it. Fuck!!! Reginae and I stood up and made our way to the middle of the gym.