Working

Later I woke up in the middle of the night. I got up and walked Estella up to our room. Santo was already in bed. I set her in her crib and kissed her goodnight. Then I got into bed with Santo. He groaned and turned to me. "Night baby." I kissed him on the lips. I began to think. From the very beginning. From the day I was first new. When he told me to push the door open. To the day he walked into class and then walked me to second period. I never would have thought this would have happened.
The next week Santo started going to NYU. Estella cried every time he left early in the morning. I had to rock her back to sleep. I was going to have an interview tomorrow with Hannah Howard woman. I hope I got the job. I had set up my laptop in our bedroom and continued to finish school. I now only had one more credit. I was reading about the Civil war when there was a knock at the door. I looked up. It couldn't have been Santo. He just left for school. I got up and ran down the staircase. I looked through the peephole. It was Reginae!! I unlock the door and swing it open. "Reginae!" I give her a hug. "Hey girl!" Reginae said hugging me back. "So did you just get here?" I asked. She had on a jacket and scarf. "No. I got here yesterday." "Ohh." I close the door behind her. "So where are you staying?" I asked. She looked out the window. "That apartment right there." She pointed to a green and white apartment that looked to be two blocks away. "Oh." Reginae looked around. "Well this is nice." She said. I nodded. "Yea. I know." She sits down on the couch. Then we heard Estella crying. "I'll be right back." I said. I ran up the stairs and grabbed her from her crib. She was probably just hungry. I grab her stuffed bunny and walked back downstairs. "Ohh. There's the princess.." Reginae said. I laugh. I give her to Reginae while I made her a plate of scrambled eggs. "So did you come down here by yourself?" I asked. She shook her head. "No. Me and by boyfriend Trey moved down here." I looked up. "Boyfriend?" She laughs and pat Estella on the back which gets her to stop crying. "Yes. We've been together for eight months and he got accepted into NYU. I nodded. "Ohh. OK. So that worked out perfectly." She nodded. I scraped the eggs onto a small plate and set it on the high chair. Reginae gets up and hands Estella to me. I put her in her chair. She grabs at the eggs and chew them. "Yea. I guess it did. He's out looking at Tv's with his friends. We should all have dinner together tonight." She said. I nodded. "Yea. That would be nice.