The Squad

I walked into the class and into the back of the room. Santo sat in the front the room with his friends. I pulled out my notebook. I looked up at the board. There were notes. I began to copy them down. The late bell rung. I looked around for the teacher. I looked up at the front of the room. There was a woman at her desk eating an apple and reading a book. Obviously a sub. I sighed and pulled out my phone. "Aye. Ava!" I looked up to see diggy calling me over. I looked up. "Come sit with us." I looked over at Santo. He glanced over his shoulder at me then looked away. I gathered my books and walked up to the front of the room. I saw people's heads turn as they watched me go towards them. I sat next to diggy and pulled my phone back out. "How old r u?" He asked moving in close to me. I leaned back and sighed. "17" he nodded. He stared at me for a few minutes. "Your really pretty." I tried not to smile and succeeded. "Thanx." The sub got up from her seat from the desk and passed out a vocabulary sheet that we had to match the definition with. I began to work. A few minutes later a girl walked in with a lot of weave. She looked at me and frowned. "   " I saw her mouth move but I didn't hear her. I paused my music. "What?" She rolled her eyes. "I said... Are you knew?" I looked around to see who tf she was talking to. "Have you seen me around before?" I asked. She made a face and sits down across from Santo. I go back to work. I heard them talking about me tho. "Ik she thick asf too." I look up to see Santo laughing. Diggy had his feet up on the chair eating a bag of takis. I looked away and finished my work. I finished and sat back. Diggy turned around and smiled at me. "Aye. Where you live?" He asked. "Up the street from the school. Y?" I asked. He nodded. "Come and hang with me and Santo after school." He said. I flipped my hair. "Nah. I got cheer tryouts." He turned back to Santo and told him something. Santo faced me. "After cheer tryouts come look for me in the front of the school." He said fingering his curls again. "Um ok sure." I said. He looked down at my phone. "Lemme get your number." I looked up at him and studied his face. He had big thick lips and creamy clear skin. Like caramel. "Why?" Diggy laughed. Santo licked his lips and took his phone out. "So I can get your number." I looked at his phone then took it from him. I put in my number then gave it back. "There."