Tryouts

School finally did finish and I head for the gym for cheer tryouts. I put on my change of clothes in the locker room. I find reginae in there tying her sneakers. "Hey." I sat down beside her and took a long sip from my water."r u ready?"  I asked her. She nodded. "I was born ready." She ties her hair up. "R u?" I nod. "Yea." We leave the locker room and go into the gym there were about fifty girls in there. Only 20 could make the team. I looked around and saw some of the girls in my literature and Spanish class. I sipped my water. "C'mon let's go to the back of the gym and practice." I set my drink down and we walk confidently to the back of the gym. Reginae tugged at her shorts. "Damn. These mutherfuckers are eating my ass." I snickered. We begin to stretch out our arms and legs. I bent over and touched my toes. Then the gym door opened. Santo, Diggy, Ray, and Star walked in. Shit I forgot they were coming. "Aye!! Turn up!!" Star said. I rolled my eyes. That bitch was always piped up. I cross my arms and tug. "Don't worry about these other hoes they don't know what they're doing." She said touching her toes. I nod. I wasn't worried. These bitches looked like they was ready to go cheer for a fifth grade basketball. No y'all bitches got me fucked up. This is football cheer leading. Get it right you dumb hoes. I looked up at the front of the gym to see a black woman in a red jumpsuit giving out number tags to girls. We walk over to get our numbers. I smiled at the coach when she gave me mine. She looked me up and down. "Number... 12... I'll be watching you..." She said. I watched her walk away. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Reginae rolled her eyes. "She's not the coach. Just the assistant so fuck her." She pinned her number on and fluffed her ponytail. "ALRIGHT LADIES!!!!" a black girl with red braids and a tight ponytail screamed. I backed up. "LINE UP!FIVE ROWS OF TEN!" We all scramble to a line. Reginae and I get in the first line. The gym door opened again and a white woman wear the same jumpsuit as the black woman walked in. She had a blonde ponytail and huge blue eyes. "ALRIGHT. WERE GOING TO START WITH AGILITIES!!" We do stretches back and forth. I glanced over at the bleachers and catch Santo watching me. I look away and tug at my shorts. "Girl. You know Santo feeling you right?" Reginae said. I laughed. "Fr?" She nodded. "Yea. He told me earlier." I kick my left leg up to my ear. Then my right. "Oh. I didn't know that." She crosses her arm and pull. "Yea.But he has a girlfriend." She said. I looked back at her. "Oh yea? Who?" She pointed across the room. "That dark skin girl over there. Her name is Alix lapri. She's trying out for the team too. I looked across the room. She was really pretty and skinny. She looked awkward doing her agilities tho. Almost nervous. "For now I think they broke up. Cuz they off and on. But ik they  talking right now." I nodded. "Nice to know."