Skipping

We stopped running when we reached the church. It was an old run down church surrounded by trees. In the woods. Like in a scary movie. I saw a blue minivan Toyota. They walked past the van and up to the building of the church. "Wait- I thought..." I mumbled. I followed after them. Reginae lifted up a board that covered a window and ducked inside. They all did the same. I stood there for three seconds before following after them. The church was dusty. Cobwebs were everywhere and mice skeletons were in a corner. I shudder. This place was creepy. The walk up some steps. Reginae grabbed a flashlight from a sack that was hanging on the wall. Santo did the same. The she turned the corner and swung a door open. It was a small room. Like a mini service would happen inside. There were six beanbags and a furry purple carpet in the middle of the room. Star plopped down on a blue bean bag. "Make yourself at home." The rest sat down. I looked around the room. It was comfortable. Ray Ray stood up and drew back the curtains on a window. Sunlight poured through the window and filled the room with light. I sat down on a bright yellow beanbag. "I thought we were going to the mall." I said flipping my hair. "We are. But we chill here first." Ray Ray said. Reginae leaned over and pulled a Brown box from under a desk. She opened it and pulled out a bag of Doritos and passed the box to Ray Ray. Ray grabs a bag if skittles and passes the bag to me. I look through the box and grab a little pack of fruit snacks. I passed it to Star. "So. Ava." Ray Ray said smiling. I smiled back. "Yea?" He popped a skittle into his mouth. "What school did you come from?" I put an Apple gummy in my mouth. "Ravenwood." I said. Reginae quickly sat up. "Ayee!!! Did you know Trey Brown??" I cock my head to the left. "Yea. He's my ex." Reginae sat up. "No way!!!!!!!!!" I smile cautiously. "Yea." I looked at everyone else. They had raised eyebrows. "What?" I asked. Star laughed. "He's my ex too!" I laugh awkwardly. "Are you serious?" She nodded. "Yea. He went to Monroe for like a semester then left. I didn't know you guys dated...." She smiled and crunched on a Dorito. I looked at Santo and he smirked. "Really? Trey??" I shrugged. "He was a good boyfriend." Star rolled her eyes. "He was annoying..." Ray Ray nodded. "Fr. He was a pussy." I laughed. "You're sitting in his old beanbag." Reginae said. I looked down. "Wow. What a coincidence..." I pop another gummy into my mouth.