22

I was defending my title here tonight. I decided to issue an open challenge in my script. I had watched Glenn dismantle Bryan. He was unconscious and getting stretchered out. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen, but Brie definitely looked worried. I put on my ring gear on which was a UK capped sleeved crop top, a black pair of spandex shorts underneath a pair of red leather wrestling pants, a black letterman jacket, and all black wrestling boots. I grabbed my beloved title and left the locker room and headed to catering to wait till I had to go to the gorilla. I walked in and sat next to Randy who was eating. He smiled at me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder continuing to eat. I place a kiss on his cheek. It's weird to think that I hadn't known him for long but he became an important person in my life. With the Total Divas cameras now always following me around it wasn't as private of a relationship as we wanted, but they would see a different side to him. Only one I saw. He was romantic, smart, and so much more. Saraya sat down.

"Hey, good luck." She says with wink. I smile.

"Thanks. Do you know who I'm facing?" I ask. 

"Nope." She responds.

"Well, I thought you two despised one another." Jon states.

"Something the other divas can't do is put their egos out the way, and just apologize." I say with a smirk.

"Speaking of Did you hear what happed to Nattie?" Saraya asks.

"No." I say.

"Summer decked her...again. She had to get surgery which is another total diva at home taking months and months off." Saraya says. I smirk.

"That's what she gets for always talking shit." I say. She shrugs.

"I guess, but Nikki's at home doing god knows what. Pissed me off how pretty much diva got the night off. I don't have a match and I'm still here." Saraya says.

"Is this all the divas locker room is? Talking bad about the other divas?" Jon asks. I shrug.

"Yeah." I say.

A producer walks up and says "Hailee. Your match is up next." I nod and get up.

"See yah." I state before walking to the gorilla. My music hits and I walk out. I raise my title in the air and grab a microphone as I step in the microphone. I smile.

"I want to prove I'm a fighting champion. I chose tonight of all nights to prove it cuz not many divas cared to show up for my announcement." I state with a pause.

"I am issuing an open challenge to any girl in the locker room, you can be from NXT, main roster. I don't care. I'm a fighting champion and I'll prove that to whomever I face." I say and as I'm about to continue someone's music hits I look around in confusion. Having no idea who it was. Then the person walks out and I have to remind myself to not seem to excited. It was Pam! She stepped into the ring and smiled. A referee raced down to the ring. It was a smart idea to trust Mark this time. He rung the bell and we locked up and got into the match. I was really glad Pam was taking the opportunity. Then I saw a bunch of people going over to the announce table. I backed into the corner so she couldn't get at me. I continued looking as I then saw my father on the stretcher. I stepped out the ring and immediately went over ignoring the match Pam didn't even argue. She knew family first. They kept trying to calm me down and have me get back into my match, but I refused. Then the bell rang. I hated robbing Pam of her title shot, but my dad was first. I asked if I could join on the ambulance, but they said someone should grab his bags and then get to the hospital. I didn't even disagree. I headed into the back and Pam followed a few moments later. She handed me my title and said she'd drive me. I reluctantly agreed. I was immediately directed to his locker room. I packed his bag up then brought it with me to the divas locker room. I barely was keeping myself together. I showered super quickly, I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a Titans football T-Shirt. I put my hair in a pony tail and put on a pair of black high-tops. I headed out the locker room with Pam. Randy greeted me and brought some stuff to the car. I hopped in the car and we rode in silence on the way to the hospital. I added all my siblings into a group chat. I texted the hospital address and said dad got checked in here.

After hours and hours it was 2 am and a few other superstars, or announcers had been in and out. One who had stayed the entire time now was Michael. Even though they had a few on screen feuds it was a close relationship they had developed. Pam never left me side. Then a doctor walked over and we all stood up.

"Jerry Lawler's family?" He asks.

"Me." I state.

"Well, he can have a visitor. One at a time." He says. I nod as the other two sit down.

I walk back with him and he says "So, he had suffered another Heart Attack. He isn't responding to anything. He's been out, were hopping he can be home in Memphis in a week." I nod. I walk in and it broke my heart seeing him laying there motionless hooked up to all these wires. I immediately ran over and sat next to him as my tears came out.

"Daddy." I whispered in hopes that he would wake up, that this was all a joke.

"Please. Please. Just be okay." I say barely even audible.

"I love you. I know you can push through. Just like before. You can do it." I say as sobs racked my body. I couldn't believe it happened again. Maybe it was a sign to retire. I loved having him ringside but his health came first no matter what. A doctor came in and unhooked the breathing machine.

"We're gonna have to have you go. You can come back tomorrow morning." He says. I nod. I walked back out and Michael was gone. Pam stood up and embraced me.

"Let's go." She whispered. I nodded and followed in pursuit. I decided that I needed to call Carrano. I needed a few days off of these shows, maybe relax and head down to NXT. I missed being down there. It was cool putting everything together, and how everyone stuck together where as all the WWE Divas are out to get one another rather than help. I understand your career comes first but what these people do for it is unbelievable. I was actually super glad that I didn't have the total divas cameras in there while I went to see my dad, but here they were. Back at my side. We got to the hotel and I called Mark.

"Hello." He responded drowsily.

"Hey, Mark. I was wondering if I could have like the rest of the week or so off." I state getting right to the point. I mean it was 5 am.

"We can discuss it when you get to the arena Smackdown is being held in." He says before hanging up. I hadn't been awake for this long, but we also had to leave for the next city and Pam had to get back to Orlando. Her flight left at 10 and I would be taking her in 2 hours before going to the next city. Pam was packing her stuff from her room and I was attempting to get some shut eye as the camera person got a small nap. After a while I realized I wasn't getting sleep no matter how tired I would appear to be. I decided to just take a shower and I took my time, mainly standing there thinking I finally finished realizing I had to get Pam to the Airport I grabbed a pair of sunglasses set them on my head as we left. When we got there I was exhausted and decided to grab a coffee. I drove to the next city stopping once for another coffee. Taking a bit over 3 hours. I got into the hotel and put my stuff in the room and heading out for a smoothie instead of coffee. When I walked in I put my sunglasses on to cover the bags under my eyes and also to keep the sun out my eyes. I went on my phone and started drinking my blueberry, watermelon, lemon smoothie. Suddenly my sunglasses were pulled up and I was sitting face to face with Jon, Joe and Colby.

"Woah. You look hot." Jon mutters sarcastically.

"Not in the mood for jokes." I respond.

"We can see." Colby says.

"I'm beyond exhausted." I say.

"When was the last you slept?" Joe asks.

"Um, lets see Sunday night. Last night I was at the hospital, and Pam drove us to the hotel for a few hours before we had to take her to the airport so she can get back to NXT. I then had to drive 3 and a half hours here nd I'm beyond coffee. But I had so much tired." I say. They chuckle.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing. Here why don't you bead back go the hotel, and at least try to sleep before we should be at the arena." Joe suggests patting my hand. I run the other through my hair and take a sip of my smoothie.

"I can't sleep though." I comment.

"You don't look too hot. Try." Colby says.

"Fine. Can someone please drive me?" I ask hopefully.

"Come on." Jon says standing up as we head to my car.

EDITED: April 15, 2018