5

I got my hair and makeup done for tonight's edition of Monday Night Raw. I am extremely nervous for tonight. No matter how flawless I am on the mic, I know Roddy could easily best me any day.

The man was a living legend. And my all time favorite. There was just something about him, not to mention his stellar good looks that happened to follow him well into his 60's. Rowdy Roddy Piper was similar to Dean Ambrose, the two characters brought something completely different to the table. Way under appreciated.

I received my script from Mark, when I finally found the man that's been avoiding me all of the week prior to.

"Hey." I say, a slight smile toying at my lips. He nods his head. I sigh, still getting the silent treatment.

"Randy, I didn't mean what I said last week. You know what I meant." I say hopeful. He shrugs.

"I kinda don't know what you meant." He responds

"Well you should, because I meant that he should trust me. If I like you, and want to date you then that's my business, not his. He shouldn't worry about me. It wasn't my way of telling you off. Don't worry." I inform. He nods his head.

"Okay." He says.

"Okay?" I question confused as to if that meant that he was still mad at me or not.

"I'm not mad. Don't worry, just do good out there. I'll be watching." He states before planting a quick kiss on my head. I walk off, going towards the gorilla. Reading it on the way. Essentially, Roddy was going to try and get under my skin, insult me and my dad. He says something that I don't like, then I slap him. My segment wasn't until after the current match. Which meant I had a little bit of time. It gives me a bit of time to ease my nerves. Roddy and I waited in gorilla for us to come back from the commercial break. With a little bit left in the break, they let Roddy make his entrance now. Once we came back from commercial, Roddy said a few words before introducing me. My music blasting through the sound system. I wiped my feet on the apron before stepping into the ring.

"What a pleasure it is to have a legends decent on the show. After a while, you know how it is. Ugh, they just make it all about themselves." Roddy says with a smile.

"Thanks? But aren't you a legend? Hall of Famer at that." I state. He nods his head.

"And definitely one of the better ones at that. But, enough about me. Do you think you got here because of your old man?" He asks. My eyebrows crinkle together.

"Do I feel that some doors were automatically opened because of me being Jerry's daughter? Yes. Most definitely. But I think, if I didn't live up to whatever high standards they had for me since I am a legends daughter, then they'd get rid of me without the bat of the eyelash. So, I've had to become perfect and squander any doubts that people have had in me." I reply with a smile.

"No, no, no. This isn't a maybe. Yes or no? Do you feel that with the last name Lawler you've had everything handed to you? That your name got you a lot further than talent, or lack thereof." He asks.

"No. Let's see here, you've got people like Randy Orton, Charlotte Flair, Natalya, Curtis Axel, all these people who have legendary last names and bloodline. They all get it. The only thing that my name has to do with is who these paychecks are made out to, I'm a hard worker, a great diva. My talent is second to none."

"Jerry didn't perhaps get you here on the main roster? Did he?" Roddy prods. Yet again.

"Jerry didn't do anything, just like no one in your family stuck their neck out for you to get your feet in the door. Right?"

"Well, I guess I've touched a sensitive topic. How about we talk about your target you've put on AJ Lee?" He suggests with a smirk.

"Target? I'm telling AJ that I'm coming for her title. Maybe we can fight at Wrestlemania. The grandest stage of them all. You know, and I know damn well that AJ won't put her title on the line. Because she and I both know that she will simply lose." I say with a shrug.

"So, you truly believe that the Diva who just debuted what? Last Monday? You've been here a week. Who are you even kidding? You lost to her on Friday Night Smackdown. It was a lucky victory. Maybe you just lack the talent to beat the current longest reigning divas champion-" he attempts to continue, getting all up in my face, but I slap him across the face before rolling out the ring, and heading to the back. That whole segment was electric. Roddy came backstage a few moments afterwards.

"That was amazing. That segment felt great." He says to me. I nod.

"It felt perfect. Everything flew nicely together." I say.

"How I've missed doing Piper's Pit." He says.

"Thanks for actually agreeing to this segment." I say gratefully.

"You remind me of a young me. A good fighter, great personality." He starts as we get compliments on the segment.

"I was never given a push starting out. I felt like you needed one, especially in this storyline. I wanted to help out an aspiring Roddy." He says.

"I'm nothing like you though. People like Jon Good are." I say.  He shakes his head.

"No, he's like me when a camera was on me. You are Roddy Toombs." He says.

"That means so much to me." I say with a smile.

"The thing we haven't seen from you is you get angry. That's my plan. I want to see you angry. Your mini Rowdy." He says. I laugh at the nickname.

"All I need is a leather jacket and plaid plaid skirt." I say.

"It's a kilt." He corrects me. I nod.

"I know, but most won't be able to tell the difference." I say. I start thinking about maybe matching Roddy. My tribute for him.

"You're very clever." He says.

"I just think a little better than average." I say with a smile.

"You're definitely me mixed with someone else." He says with a laugh. 

"I take that as a giant compliment." I say with a smile. He nods.

"Well, you're welcome kiddo." He says.

"How are you feeling going into this match, first Wrestlemania. For the title." Roddy finishes.

"I feel great. It's my birthday on Wrestlemania, so I feel like it's going to be a really special day." I say. He smiles.

"I'll definitely be remembering that for Wrestlemania." He says.

"You gonna have some tricks up your sleeve?" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders.

"Maybe." He says with a laugh.

"Well, I'm gonna go get changed." I say.

"I'm gonna give you my number in case mini Rowdy gets herself in a bit of trouble she can call me." He says writing it on a post it note. I smile as he hands it to me.

"Thanks." I say. He nods and I continue my journey to my locker room with a giant smile remaining on my face.

"You look like your gonna explode from happiness." Colby says walking over with Joe and Jon.

"I am in fact." I say.

"Why? Who put sugar in your cereal?" Jon asks. I laugh.

"Since Daddy's on commentary its not because of him." Joe jokes.

"Is it Randy?" Colby asks.

"No, and you guys love gossip more than half the divas." I say.

"Hurtful." Colby says with a laugh.

EDITED: APRIL 14,2018