Chapter 78

Tris POV

I wake with a start. Once I opened up my eyes I see Shauna and Christina sitting on the coffee table across from the couch I am currently occupying.

Their talking to each other in hush voices while holding mugs of coffee. They don't even look at me, their somehow that deep in conversation. So I move just a little and get lot comfortable, and Christina looks down at me while still talking, but her voice wavers once her eyes meet mine. Shauna then looks down at me too and says in a loud disruptive voice "Tris your awake!" And then covers her mouth an whispers "oops"

"yeah I'm awake... And why am I on the couch" I say sitting up. I look around the room and realize... Where is everyone. And more importantly, Tobias?

That's when it hits me. I remember.

Caleb is dead.

Susan's gonna die.

Tears begin to roll down my cheeks as Christina says "After you calmed down we got you to sleep... If your wondering where Tobias is and everyone else, well... Everyone else is asleep, except Tobias apparently left. We don't know where he is but he let 4 hours ago, so he could be anywhere by now."

"Christina" I say while my voice cracks, I can feel the dryness of my throat, and I stifle sobs in my throat as more and more tears roll down my cheeks, their speed increasing.

"It's gonna be okay baby girl" Shauna says as she hugs me, Christina patiently waiting for her hug.
----

Once I cry for about a half hour, the girls fix me up a cup of coffe for myself and we sit down in a triangle on the floor, quietly talking.

"It's almost been 5 hours since Tobias left, is anyone else scared"

"Terrified." I say with disappointment, because it's true, I'm genuinely worried extremely worried.

"Oh boo hoo. As if Four can't handle himself. It's not like he's gonna kill anyone. He's a smart boy"

That's when it hits me.

I remember, Tobias leaving angrily.

"Fuck" I mutter.

"What?" Shauna says

"Smart boy, my ass" I say sarcastically

The girls is it give me a funny look, because they have no idea what I'm thinking right now.

"Tris you don't think..." Christina says

"I know him better than anyone. Trust me on this" I say getting up frantically and putting my coffee on the table.

"Oh my god" Shauna says and her and Christina do the same.

I start towards the spare room I was Sharing with Tobias and put on some jeans, then putting on a shirt, put my hair up, and put on a jacket. Nothing else, no make up or anything what so ever. I put on my shoes and the girls are patiently and frantically talking and sitting on the bed waiting for me to say something or come up with a plan.

That's when I see the note that Eric delivered for me with the drastic news on it. I pick it up, and without hesitation I put it in my pocket and say "Shauna I need a gun, I know Zeke must have one somewhere around here."

Shauna and Christina's Conversation quickly ends, and Shauna stands up off the bed and leaves the room to go get one. Once she comes back she hands it to me and says "Careful with it."

I take her advice and delicately put it in my jacket pocket.

"Why exactly did you need that" Christina says

"I'm going to go find Tobias." I say and grab my phone, also shoving that in my other jacket pocket.

"Excuse me" they both say in sync.

I walk out of the room and leave the apartment saying, "you heard me. Sorry girls but this is my fight, not yours or his. My position to do this deed, he doesn't get the satisfaction of doing it, without me"

------------------------------------------

Sorry everyone. I don't have an excuse except for the fact that these stupid updates won't post and I kept forgetting. Plus so much shit in High school that I kept being slammed with work and drawn out into drama. Sorry. Also sorry for this sucky short chapter.