Chapter 33

Tobias POV

I can see Susan knows me. Or I remember her. Now she will be my sister in law. I mean... If me and Tris ever get married that is.... I mean we probably will get married.

Maybe..?

I don't know... Maybe one day I'll propose

"How come neither if you told me this before!!!" Tris yells

"I did" Caleb yells back

"When!!!"

"I sent you a letter a few days ago!"

"I didn't get jack shit!"

"Well good cause I don't know who jack is or why he's sending you shit then"

"Caleb you know what I meant!"

"Yeha I know but I wanted to lighten up the mood"

"I don't understand why you would be soooo mad about what you just walked in on if you did this already!"

"Beatrice. I'm your brother and I just don't want you, my 17 year old sister, pregnant. Susan and I are already expecting one. It was an accident but I don't want my sister to be a teen mom. I didn't even want Susan to to be one but I don't care. I still will love this baby either way."

"Caleb if mom and dad were still here they would be so disappointed in you."

"Beatrice they would be much more disappointed in you"

Tris has tears in her eyes as she stares at Caleb. She looks so hurt. She says "okay then" and then gets up and leaves. As Shae is about to close the door I say "Caleb that was really disrespectful. You pretty much just called her the disappointment in the family."

"Well she is."

"What are you saying Caleb!??"

"She was an accident. Mom and sad told me. And she was the one dad always was mad at most. Oh and did I forget to meantion that she is the reason mom and dad aren't here with us. Worst part is she's with you."

I get up and leave going to I find Tris. I hear Uriah start screaming at Caleb and Christina lunges at him as I close the doo but I see Mathew holding her back along with Will helping. I also see Shauna and Zeke holding Uriah back from chocking him and Susan gets up and leaves too, following behind me.

"Your... Tobias James Eaton correct?" She says following me

"Yes. And your Susan Amber. From Abnegation. As am I. I believe you were my next door neighbor."

"I was."

"I used to see you with Caleb and Tris and your brother all the time. I don't know why I never really noticed how beautiful Tris was or how much of a jerk Caleb was either. I don't know why I never tries to get to know them"

"Well that's the past.and I don't know what Caleb was talking about in there he hasn't been himself lately like every once in a while he says something completely bizarre"

"Well be glad I left because if I did not I would have almost killed him."

"My dad is council if Abnegation. You would be punished and held with charges for attempted murder"

"If Tris was with me I would be okay with that."

"Well... That's just great."

"It really is." I say as I walk into mine and Tris's apartment. I see her sitting on the couch with her head in her hands. I sit next to her and say "Sorry about Caleb. I didn't think he would say any of those things."

"What things. That I'm a huge disappointment?" She says almost oin the verge if tears

"Well yes but also he has some other words after you left and... Well I think hes exact words were 'She was an accident. Mom and sad told me. And she was the one dad always was mad at most. Oh and did I forget to meantion that she is the reason mom and dad aren't here with us. Worst part is she's with you." I think that's what he said. I almost murdered him but instead I thought you were more important I needed to know if you were okay "

"Now I'm not Caleb just told everyone that?"

"Everyone in the room"

"Its all true.... My parents would be so disappointed with all of those choices. By my parents I mostly mean my dad..."

"Why would you say that Tris? None if those are true."

"They are. The just are. I don't really want to talk about it."

"I know... Tris I know what your going threw I was always there when it happen. I helped you with these problems." Susan says

"I know."

"Can I tell him?"

"Please don't Susan"

"Okay..."

I position myself crouching in front of Tris and I take her hands off her face. Her face is red and wet like she has been crying.

"Tris. Please come back to the game"

"Tobias, I mean uh... Susan please don't tell anyone his real name is-"

"Tobias James Eaton? Don't worry secrets safe with me. He was my neighbor in Abnegation. So I kinda know him"

"Oh." All Tris says. Then she sighs and says "Tobias I can't go back"

"Why not? Is it cause Caleb? I swear if he does anything or talks to you I will hurt him. Sorry Susan."

"Its fine" Susan says in response

"Tobias I can't go back because he is right. I'm the disappointment. All of it was true. I can't face Caleb. He knows it. And I now I cant face my own friends. I know they are all just going to ask questions and make me cry when I talk about it. Caleb was always the good child. He always got straight A's and he was perfect. But he was rude when no adults or our parents were around" Tris says

"Beatrice. Is this about your dad?"

"Yes" she says hugging me and crying into my shoulder. I remember when she told me he used to beat her like my dad did.

"Tris please come back to the games. I will handle Caleb. Don't worry."

"Tobias you promise?"

"I do"

"I love you you know" she says as she pulls back from our hug and sniffles I smile at her and she send me a small one back as I say "I know. And I love you too"