Chapter 23

Tris POV

I stop crying and wipe my tears I hug Uriah and whisper "If they aren't back at your place in 10 come back." He nods and grabs Zeke and Lynn, walking away dragging then behind.

"Tris we were just-" Marlene starts

"You were just what? Cause you know I saw what I saw and I think i know what it was leading to."

"Tris you wouldn't understand. You know that's stupid one girl?"

"Be more specific. Are you talking about Eric..?"

"No times for jokes."

"I was was serious"

"So was I. Not Tris me and Tobias were only doing that because"

"You guys wanted to make mad and Uriah pissed off. Congrats!"

"No because... What's her name!! God damn it for what's that girls name!!?"

"Laurene?" Four says

"Yeah yeah yeah!! Her! She shot us with this." Marlene says as she hands me some pink serum "we think it's love serum. I think she's trying to drive you and Tobias apart so she can have him"

"Tell me when you have a more of a logical explanation."

"Tris we have never been so serious in out lives."

"Why should I believe my 2 ex's?"

"Huh?" Tobias says confused

"My ex boyfriend" I say pointed at him then at Marleen and say "Ex best friend"

They both have hurt in there eyes. Makes me feel bad.."

"Tris please listen to us! " they both say at the same time

"Tobias. Look me in the eye and say " I love you"

"I can't Tris"

"Tris the serum won't let me I will just -"

"Do it. Right now. Or Tobias James Eaton I will not believe any if this bull crap"

He looks me in the eye and says 'i love you."

I see his eyes shift when he says it. Them he tried again and says "Beatrice. I love yo-"

He stops and yells in pain. I ask "what wrong as I out my hand on his chest.  He opens his mouth and shows me his toung. He just bit it and it is gushing blood

I hand him a rag I had in my pocket and turn to Marlene who then says " see what I mean?"

"I do..."

"What do we do?"

"I don't know just yet. But I'll fix it. Tobias your staying with me. Marlene you HAVE TO go back to Uriah."

"Kay i was planning on doing that anyways."

"Okay"

I grab Tobias by the shirt and sit him down next to me while we talk over a plan to get the serum to wear off.

It's not doing too good...