Chapter 39

Tris POV

I watch Chris beat Mathew. I watch Zeke and Marlene yell. Everything stops. It like time stands still. Until I see Susan and Caleb stand at the door. Everyone is looking at Christina and Will making out or at Mathew. I focus on Caleb. He has a black eye and red irritated skin. I get up and no one notices. I stand and listen to Susan talk to Tobias. He looks at where I was sitting before as I walk away. I walk over to Caleb and Susan.

"Beatrice" Caleb says in a hush voice. He looks so disappointed in himself. But he seems so interested in me. After all that has happen in the past. He seems so interest in me, he needs to know if im okay and if I forgive him.

"Caleb" I say in a huch voice too and a tear rolls down my cheek. He opens up his arms and hugs me and says "I'm so so sorry Beatrice. I didn't mean any of it. I wasn't myself"

"It's okay Caleb. I know. I love you. Its alright, I forgive you" I say wiping my tears as I still hug him.

"I love you too. Thank you." He says

"Mathew did it to you. You didn't know. Your okay." I say calmy

"I am now that you forgave me."

"I do not forgive Mathew"

"I certainly do not either"

"Caleb?" I say like a question

"Yes?"

"Remember when Dad always said to learn to forgive and forget"

"I rememeber"

"Some day we have to forgive and forget don't we? Not always right away but in some point in your life your supposed to right?"

"Right."

"So someday we have to forgive Mathew then."

"I guess. But this is something you wouldn't forgive someone right away for. I'd make him pay first. Then make him earn your trust back."

"Okay" is all I say as I pull back from the hug. We look each other in the eye. He places his hand on my shoulder, and he says "I love you Beatrice. Don't worry I will handle Mathew for you. So none of you guys have to take him to infirmary, I will"

"Thanks Caleb" I say not breaking our eye contact. He kisses my forehead and says "be brave Bea"

"I will. Don't worry" I say as his lips leave the top of my head. He smiles at me and I return the smile. He takes his hand off my shoulder and walks back in the room. Susan walks over to me and holds my hand. We walk back into the room and Caleb is leaving with Mathew in his back. He stops in front of us and says "love you girls. Susan come back to the apartment later okay?"

"Love you too" I say and Susan says "love you too. And k baby I'll see you then"

He smiles and winks at her. She smiles back and then I lead her to the circle. I sit in my previous spot next to Tobias. She sits on the other side of me and let's go of my hand. Tobias pulls me closer to him and grabs my hand lacing his figures with mine. He kisses my nose and makes me smile. Chris starts appoligizing and I tell her she has nothing to be sorry for and we should just forget it happens and go back to the game. At first everyone is shocked but then they obey. Shauna starts.

"Marleen Candor or Dauntless?" Shauna asks

"Dauntless" Marlene says

" I dare you to TALK with Uriah."

"He hates me now that won't happen"

"Yes it will. Uriah get you ass up and talk to the bitch!"

"Thanks Shauna. That HELPS!"

"Shut up! You'll thank me later!"

Marlene looks mad still but walk into Uriah's bedroom. Uriah gets up and mutters "thanks a lot Shauna.." Quite sarcastically. I snuggle up to Tobias and he hold me tight. He puts his face to mine, kisses me and the slowly pulls back. I begin to doze off... Into a dreamless sleep...