Chapter 48

Tobias POV

Shauna and I had an idea. This idea was hopefully going to get Tris back, make her mine again. And if not, she has a few.. Back up plans...?

Tris and I leave the apartment and we walk to our special spot by the Chasm, where Tris and I had our first kiss.

Once we get there, I grab her hand. She doesn't pull away this time. I say "I'm so sorry Tris. Please take me back"

"Tobias you know I can't" Tris says

"But you can" I say trying to convince her to forgive me

"I. Can't."

"Why the hell not?!" I snap

This time she let's go of my hand and looks at the floor. Then she says "that's why"

"What's why?" I say confused

"You... You always snap at me or yell at me and over react about things that aren't even worth it"

"Yeah kissing someone isn't worth freaking out about when your dating their best friend."

"Tobias"

"Tris no. Please just stop."

"Stop what? I don't see anything wrong with what I'm doing"

"I do"

"All I'm doing is confronting you about the problem we are facing. You need to calm down sometimes Tobias. You need to calm the fuck down alright? It was one last kiss. It wasn't ever ever going to happen again."

"But I happen."

"It was the last time Tobias"

"I hope this isn't the last time" I say as I lean in a kiss her. She kisses back I feel the sparks. I feel time stop like we are the only people left in the world. I feel my heart skip a beat as her lips move in sync with mine. I feel broken knowing that she's not mine anymore.

I feel.. Empty

After a few minutes she pulls back. She looks me in the eye and says "I can't be with you just yet okay? It is going to take a bit more then just a kiss to make everything all better."

"But Tris I-" I say, getting cut off by Tris

"No. Tobias you dumped me. I want you to know what your missing out on. I want you to feel what I have felt, all my life. Unlike you, I have never had a crush on anyone at all before I met you. You changed my life and I'm trying to figure out if it changed for the better or for the worse."

"Tris-"

"Goodbye Tobias." She says turning around and walking away without saying another word. I just stand there motionless staring at her, watching as she walks away.

Well that didn't go as planed... Time for Shauna's plan B...?

Tris POV

I walk back to Zeke's apartment. I feel bad... I'm making him play hard to get. I let him kiss me and make him feel like j was going to take him back then I just totally messed it up by pulling away and saying no. So that probably confused him and hurt him too. But this is what he gets, he dumped me, not I dumped him. If he wants me back for real he's going to have to try hard to get me back win me over. Good luck... He's definitely gonna need it. But then he has Christina and Shauna. Christina and Shauna are like love doctors I swear whenever I need advice I go to them or Zeke occasionally because bes good at give advice too. But he's in my side.