Chapter 40

Uriah (The Pansycake we all know and love ) POV

"Marleen Candor or Dauntless?" Shauna asks

"Dauntless" Marlene says

" I dare you to TALK with Uriah."

Oh crap. Me? Why is she doing this!!??

"He hates me now that won't happen"

See Marlene understands!

"Yes it will. Uriah get you ass up and talk to the bitch!"

"Thanks Shauna. That HELPS!"

"Shut up! You'll thank me later!"

Marlene looks mad still but gets up, and walks to my bedroom. I get up too and mutter "thanks a lot Shauna.." Sarcasm noted.

I walk in the room and I see the clock next to Marlene. 1:30am. Great....

I sit down on my bed while Marlene sits on the chair for my desk. She looks at the floor, trying to avoid eye contact. Good.

"Uriah I still like you. But I know you don't like me back" she says sadly. I feel dwd for her... But what she did to me with Four was unforgivable. And after what Mathew did, how can I ever believe him!? what if he's lying about her really being injected!!!???

"Good thing you understand that Mar" I say. Saying that felt.. Good.

"Why are you so mad?! I was under the love serum! Its not MY fault!" She yells back

"Do you think I give a damn!?"

"You should! Uriah god damn Pedrad! Listen to me! I. Wasn't. In. Control! If I could have done something about it I would have!"

"No. Marlene, I know your freaking tricks! You always try this on me! Playing the I couldn't co trol it card! You always blame serums or something else stupid like... Birds! Something hella random! When will you take responsibility!"

"When will you!"

"I DO. ALL THE TIME. AND YOU KNOW IM TELLING THE TRUTH."

"SHUT UP! STOP YELLING AT ME!"

"Man up Marlene."

"Why don't you!"

"Exactly what I'm talking about! When I the to fight with you about something you did, and you know you did, you turn it around on me!"

"No I don't."

"Yes. You. Do."

"No. I. Don't." She says sounding even more angry than before, and getting louder.

"Marlene. Grow up. You know I'm right. Learn to stop being a bitch and I might forgive you." I say as I get up and slam the door behind me, not waiting for an answer. I go sit in between Christina and Zeke. Across from Four, who has Tris sleeping with her head on his shoulder.

Marlene comes out and sits next to Lynn and Al. I whisper to Zeke what happen and he whispers back "You handled it right, if you ask me. Shes just being a drama queen." Then he gets up and says "Everyone go to bed. Uriah will take his room, Shauna and I in mine, Chris and Will in the spare, and Tris and Four in the other spare. The rest of you unfortunately get the couches. So suck it up. Good night guys" he says while grabbing Shaunas wrist. She smiles at him and follows to his room. I get up and go to mine. Marlene follows.

"What" I say annoyed. I don't want her to ask to sleep with me.

"Can't I at least just sleep with you. One last time." She says. Exactly what I didn't want..

"No."

"Please Uriah... Please" she pouts

"Fine." I say just wanting her to shut up. I do not exactly want to fight with her.

She smiles at me and walks in and last on the bed. I lay next to her and turn my back. So I'm not facing her, turn off my lamp, and drift asleep, ignoring Marlene completely.

Tobias POV

Tris is asleep, her head resting on my shoulder. I decide not to wake her. I watch as Marlene and Lynn whisper to each other and then as Uriah and Zeke whisper. I can tell they are both talking about each other, Marlene talking about Uriah, and Uriah talking about her.

When Zeke and Uriah are done talking Zeke looks at Me and Tris then stands up. The says "Everyone go to bed. Uriah will take his room, Shauna and I in mine, Chris and Will in the spare, and Tris and Four in the other spare. The rest of you unfortunately get the couches. So suck it up. Good night guys"

Everyone leaves to their rooms and the others that don't get a took stay and get comfortable. I don't want to wake Tris but I have to. So I slowly move nd pick her up bridal style. I try hard not to wake her up but I can tell she's up when she sniffles. Her nose wiggles and she wraps her arms around my neck resting her head on my chest, along with her hands. She cuddles in my arms until we get into our room. I set her on the bed and take off my shoes. Hers are already off. She flutters her eyes open and she gets up without saying anything. She walks to the bathroom connected to this room and then cones out in blck cotton short shorts and a black tank top and socks.

I take off my shirt and get into the bed, facing sideways so I can see her. She turns off the light and gets in the bed too, facing me. I smile at her and she smiles back and whispers "Hi Tobias" in a cute sleepish voice. She looks so beautiful right now...

"Hey Beatrice" is all I say. Damn it Tobias you should have said Hey Beautiful! Oh we'll...

"Call me Tris" she says

"Okay Tris."

"Tobias?"

"Yes"

"I love you" she says without hesitation, without breaking eye contact. She looks no where but my eyes.

"I love you too" I say.

"Forever?"

"And always."

She blushes and scoots closer to me. She snuggles up into my chest and I wrap my arms around her. She smiles. I can feel her smile in my chest. Damn do I love this girl....

She slowly drifts asleep.

I do too....