Chapter 38

Tobias POV

"Mathew Candor or Dauntless" Tris asks. He is now in his underwear because she keeps asking him over and over again what his biggest lie was, the biggest secret he's ever kept.

"Whatever. Candor." He says sadly and quite annoyed if you ask me

"Mathew. What's the biggest secret you have ever kept. The worst thing you've ever done."  Tris asks

"Tris I'm sorry"

"For what?" She says confused

"What in about to tell you...." Mathew says. Then he sighs. He begins by saying "Caleb... When he came here... He wasnt himself...."

"What!!!?" Tris screams

"I put him under 2 serums. One serum, the truth serum, and second serum, the new anger serum. It pissed people off for no reason and makes everyone there enemy. I did it because u knew it would make Tobias mad and you would mentally break down. I needed Tobias mad because I thought he would hurt Caleb bad and make you upset. I wanted you mad at him so I had a chance with you...."

No one says anything. Tris, who is sitting next to me, has tears threatening to spill in her eyes. Everyone just stares wide eyed with anger at Mathew. He stands up and starts putting on his clothes. Everyone still stares.

Then as he is walking towards the door Chris has a mental breakdown. She starts yelling "Mathew Don't come back. Next time I see you... It will be the last time you ever see daylight." And then she screams bloody murder.

"Yeah right I'd like to see you try" Mathew says while walking faster to the door. He must know Christina's intentions.

Chris gets up and tackles him. He sits on his back and says "What you gonna do now?"

"Nothing obviously" Mathew says trying to act normal

Christina starts cussing. She gets off his back turns him over and punches and kicks him until he bleeds. A lot. Then Zeke yells "HEY NO BLOOD ON MY FLOOR!!!"

"SHUT UP ZEKE!" Marlene yells

That's when Caleb walks in with Susan.

They are staring wide eyed at Mathew who is unconscious and on the floor bleeding and then at Christina who has blood on her hands and on her shoes. Then the turn around like they are about to leave and I say "Wait! Susan! Caleb! Wait!"

They stop. They turn back around and Susan says "we were just going to tell you about what really happen with Caleb. And what Mathew really did. But I can see you already found out."

I nod as Christina screams "MATHEW GOT BLOOD ALL OVER MY NEW SHOES!!!"

"Christina baby come here." Will says wanting to calm her down

"Get this lying, backstabbing, worthless jerk out of here" Chris screams

"Mathew or Caleb?" Shauna asks

"They one that's bleeding!" Chris yells like its obvious. She turns and sits on Wills lap and he starts calming her down. By that I mean talking to her until she starts babbling and then kissing her so she shuts up.

I turn and look where Tris was sitting

Her hand isn't laced with mine anymore.

She not staring wide eyed at anything anymore.

Because shes not there anymore.

I panic. I look all over. Then I look at the door. I see her and Caleb. Hugging. Susan just watching.

I smile a small smile. Thank God I didn't kill Caleb then. And thank God she's right there. I didn't loose her. She's alright and with her brother. And her brother is back to normal.

Now what are we going to do with the blood.. And Mathew will go... Where?

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I know I know. Not a normal length chapter... Its shorter... And trust me I know that this wasn't one of my best chapters... I'm sick of course... So I guess probably more updates.... Unless its just allergies. I hope its not. I do not wanns go to school tomorrow.... Or the next day.... Drama at my school get DEEP.

-Obrie