Submission 949

So pretty much I have always been the victim. From junior infants I've been bullied because I have ginger hair and a long neck. I always have considered myself one of the boys, but I never understood why it was wrong. I got called boy named and people always told me to go change my gender. I was always alone units around 5th class when a new girl join. We naturally became best friends since we were so similar, I joined a soccer club and everything was going good. Then I moved to secondary where everything started spiralling out of control. My best friend left me and we haven't talked since.My friends always pick on me but I just laugh along with it because I always try to act confident and strong but deep inside I'm broken. I started being bullied again,slowly my grades dropped and the bullying got worse. In 2nd year I self-harmed for the first time.

I remember feeling happy and I really enjoyed the pain. Then one day my geography teacher noticed the cuts and held me back after class. We talked for a hour, I told everything and how I wanted to die really badly. He convinced me that everything was going to be okay! He reported the bullies to the principle and they got expelled. I am now in 3rd year and my life has never been better, I now have loads of friends and that geography teacher is very close to me now and is practically the father I never had, and he soon will be since him and my mother are dating!

I just want to say if you are upset just tell someone it does make a difference I know it's hard but it's worth it and you will never regret it!

Always keep fighting <3