Submission 914

What type of bullying did you experience?

I was bullied in a verbal and physical way. Some of it kinda got to my head, so does that count as mental?

How old were you when the bullying started?

Around 5 years old. Yes. 5.

Who bullied you?

A range of my sister, to people at school, like classmates or friends-I-thought-I-knew.

What would the bullies say/do to you?

The first thing, a basketball to the spine. They would call me names no kindergartener would understand, so I didn't know what to do.

As I got older, it progressed and I knew the meanings of the names. But I kept getting worse.

How did I feel while/after the bullying?

While: I felt weak. Weak for not being able to do anything.

After: I still feel weak. Depressed, angry, sad and fearfulness added on.

Did anything help you cope with that feeling?

Yes. Many things actually. I used to sharpen pencils at school and jab them in my skin, drew on myself, hoping to get ink poisoning until it moved to the most extreme thing I've ever done. I grabbed a razor.

Have you ever self-harmed and/or fallen into a state of depression as a result of being bullied?

Yes. Both. I'm depressed right now, and starting to starve myself, but atleast I switched of off cutting.

Have you ever contemplated suicide as a result of being bullied?

Yes. I've cut, tried to hang myself (the rope broke), and I'm slowly-starving myself right now.

Have you ever told anyone you know that you were being bullied?

I told one girl. That was today actually (December 4th, 2015). She actually listened...

Why/why not?

Why? She has also tried suicide. But she hasn't told me if she has/is in depression. She listened to me, and we're starting to become friends! :)

How long were you bullied for?

About most of my years at school. (7-10 years. I'm 14 now)

Are you still being bullied?

Yes. And it feels like hell everyday for me.

You know that friend I was talking about that also has tried suicide?

Me and her are starting something. If you have tried any sort of suicide, ANY AT ALL!, every single Friday put black ribbon around your wrists.

If you don't have black ribbon, draw it with a pen!

---------------------------------

If you see a person with black ribbon around their wrists, walk up to them and say: 'Stay strong.'