Submission 568

It all started in 7th grade.

I was finally in with the populars, not that I cared too much about popularity, but they were my friends. The year began out pretty good, we all had fun times and no one ever seemed to get in fights, we were all just happy.

That was until Bully 1 also joined our group.

She was really nice ok the beginning and we all welcomed her to our group. We hung out a few times and had a really nice time with our new friend in the group (this is around Devember) and this was before she bullied me.

Soon after Winter Break ended and school started up again did she first start bullying me. Little things that didn't effect much.

Like she would intentionally not invite me to a sleepover or say something rude to me if my outfit was good or if I had a pimple. Just simple little things like that.

At first it didn't seem to matter much to me because all of my other friends would back me up and tell her when to stop, but she didn't listen.

Over and over every day she would repeat with the same thing and it got a lot worse.

Now she began making big jokes about insecurities I have like making fun of me on a daily basis. (This was around Early Spring).

It would seem like simple little things like this wouldn't matter and that I should just not think about it. But every day she had something to say and it started to really get to my head. If my hair was greasy that day she would laugh every time she saw me and take pictures and post on social media saying "greasy" and other stuff like that constantly. It got really annoying and I got really insecure about every little thing.

I kept reminding myself on a daily basis that she's just a liar, but I didn't even know anymore.

My other friends began chipping in with all the bullying. They followed everything at her lead and she turned all of my friends against me. So now it wasn't just one person saying rude stuff it was multiple people every class laughing at me.

Every class I was in was horrible, I couldn't focus on work or anything else and I would try to wipe away my tears. All they did was make fun of me. Nothing I could say or do could change their minds, if I ever tried to tell them to stop they would yell at me or film me crying.

I was so embarrassed.

It got really hard to go to school because now the bullying was turning into physical abuse.

I went over one Friday after spring break to Bully 2's house were every one came too.

The entire night they kept scaring me and throw rocks at me outside and I got really bruised and it really hurt, all they kept doing was filming me and posting with things like "baby!😂" or "wahh wahh do u want ur mommy?😂😂" and I was really upset.

A few nights they would lock me in their basements to sleep for sleepovers with no blankets or pillows on a concrete ground and it was horrible, and they took my phone so I froze the entire night.

I kept trying to ignore them but I had no other friend group so I had to keep playing along and hanging out like everything was fine.

Summertime finally started one day and we were going to the pool.

I was really confident about my body and I honestly didn't care because I was happy just to be at the pool and I didn't think much about my body in a bikini.

Then we finally got there and I took off my shirt after they did too about to jump in the water. They all started laughing and pushed me in the water. I could hear them screaming "she's so fat!!!" And "OMG she must weigh 300 pounds" I was really scared and upset and I couldn't pull myself up to get out of the water. They jumped in after and played a 'game' with me. I had to guess a number between 1-100 and everytime I got it wrong they would dunk me under, but they would hold me under for a really long time. I could barely catch my breath I got so scared. After a while of this, a lifeguard finally told them to stop.

I ran out of the pool in tears and grabbed my stuff and quickly rushed home.

Every day that summer I would look at myself in the mirror and hate myself. I cried myself to sleep over and over every night because I hated how I looked.

I wanted to loose weight so I started eating less and it started working (a bit) so each day I ate less and less and I said I didn't want to become ankorexic because I would be happy when I finally was happy with myself. Every day my meal got less and less like I had to. I couldn't go to the pool like that again without thinking everyone was judging me. My meals went down to about one small salad a day, and a green tea if I wanted. And I finally started loosing weight but I never was satisfied with myself. Over about 3 months of excersising and dieting I lost 32 pounds. I then weighed 84 pounds as opposed to at the beginning of summer at 116 pounds.

I finally was decently happy with my body and I thought maybe everything would change now that I lost weight starting my 8th grade year. But it didn't.

The bullying got worse and worse and I got really depressed, my grades went down really bad and I was always upset. After 2 or 3 months I began to cut on my wrists. (No, I'm not asking for sympathy because it wasn't to get attention at all nobody even knew for a while) one day I was in Bully 1's basement with everyone else. I sat in a corner and went on my Instagram and saw down thing funny so I laughed a little and Bully 3 ran over to see what it was. That was when she saw the cute on my wrist. I didn't mean for her to though I just kinda forgot they were there. She said "turn over your wrists" I got really nervous. Everyone ran over and turned the flashlights on their phones. They forced my wrist over even though I tried to hide it.

For a long while they stared at it and then Bully 1 laughed. They all started laughing. "Is this your cry for attention baby??" Again I ran home in tears.

That was the last time I hung out with them. I was done, they cause me nothing but pain and so I told them I had to leave. I dismally found a nice group of friends to sit with who treat me right. This is the moral of my story, do not cut or starve yourself. you are so much better and you weren't out here on earth just to kik yourself to please someone who doesn't care. If your going threw the same struggle I went threw, leave them now! They are not worth your time and it will just get worse. You all are so beautiful and I wish everyone could see that. Thank you for listening.

(Sorry it's so long, over just held this in for so long and only told a few people about it and now it feels better that it's so out so thank you 💕)

What type of bullying did you experience (cyberbullying, teasing, name calling, physical altercations, etc.)?

1. I experienced all 4 types of bullying, cyber, physical, teasing, and name calling.

How old were you when the bullying started?

2.i was 12 years old when it started

Who bullied you (please be vague by using terms such as old friend, classmate, neighbor, etc.)?

3. Old friend group/classmates

How did you feel while you were being bullied?

4.i felt alone and scared just to go to school

How did you feel after being bullied?

5.i felt better because I finally started a life and got back on track and I'm not depressed anymore.

Have you told anyone you know that you were bullied?

6.ive told 2 of my closest friends

Why/why not?

7.they asked about the cuts on my wrist (which are now healed up so I'm good💕)

How long were you bullied for?

8.for about a year from mid 7th grade to mid 8th grade. 

Are you still being bullied?

9.No, I'm not currently being bullied anymore.

Thank you, I hope that you have a good day and thank you for listening❤️