Chapter 18 - Lizzy

Chapter Eighteen

Lizzy

    "Shhh. She's still asleep. Put those down! NO! NO! NO! Quietly, quietly." I said.

    "Here?" 

    "I said whisper! Yes right there. Around the bed. In like a circular formation." 

    "Like this?"    

    "Perfect! Be careful not to knock into them. They make rubbery-squeaky sounds when that happens. The presents can go on the loveseat."

    "What's a loveseat?"

    "Anna seriously? Haha. It's the tiny couch. Its only meant for two people. That's why they call it a- I think she's waking up. Shh hide behind the curtian!" I suddenly saw Destiny shift in bed and start to stretch her arms. I dropped my present onto the loveseat/couch and scurried behind the hospital room's curtian that we had pulled accross the room. 

    "Now, don't say anything. I'm going to look and see if she's awake yet." Anna nodded and smiled, trying to contain her excitement. I pulled the curtian back by milimeters and saw Des rub her eyes and gasp. 

    "Wha-"

    "Surprise!" We shouted, jumping out from the curtian. 

    "Oh my gosh! How did-"

    "After you left, we went and got you presents. Then Damien drove us all down here. You're mom is down in the cafeteria drinking coffee so don't worry."

    "Oh thank you! Thank you guys so much! I have to say though, these balloons all around the bed is...genius. Haha." We moved them out of the way to give hugs.  

    “Yeah I know right?” We laughed. Destiny looked over my shoulder at the couch. 

    “So…what are those?”

    “Boxes.” I said. 

    “What kind of boxes?” She smiled. 

    “Wrapped boxes.” I smiled, trying hard not to laugh. Anna’s face was already red. 

    “Oh so what is inside the wrapped boxes?” 

    “Things.” 

    “Oh things. What kind of things?”

    “Special things.” I could keep this up for a while. 

    “Ok this is getting old,” Destiny laughed “are they presents?” 

    “Yep! Should we open them?” Anna suggested. Destiny raised an eyebrow, her facial sign for “what do you think”. 

    “Awesome!” I moved the balloons away from the bed so we could make room for the presents. I found my gifts and placed it on the bed. Anna did the same. All in all, there were 4 boxes. 

    “Which should I open first?” She asked. 

    “It doesn’t matter.” We smiled and waited for her to choose. She picked up one of the gifts I chose. 

    “I have to say I love the wrapping.” She laughed. It was sparkling blue with brown and green circles. A very cool-colored design. 

    “Thank you.” 

    She carefully ripped the wrapping then shut her eyes as she peeled off the rest. When she opened her eyes, the look on her face was priceless. Pure shock and amazement. 

    “Oh my gosh! You have GOT to be kidding me. Seriously guys?” She ran her hand over the top of the box, afraid to open it. 

    “You have to open it!” Anna said, laughing.