68. Breaking Bonds

Arjun's POV

The past three days without Shruthi have been like an eternity, dragging on with a heaviness that I can't seem to shake

The past three days without Shruthi have been like an eternity, dragging on with a heaviness that I can't seem to shake. Each moment feels empty without her presence beside me. I find myself constantly checking my phone, hoping for a message or a call from her, but there's nothing.

I miss her more than I can put into words. It's like a part of me is missing, and I'm struggling to function without her by my side. The urge to book a flight to Bangalore and be with her is almost unbearable, but I know I have to respect her space and give her the time she needs.

But God, I just want to hold her in my arms and reassure her that everything will be okay. I want to erase every doubt and insecurity she has about our relationship, to show her just how much I love her. I want to be her rock, her anchor in the storm, the one person she can always count on no matter what.

I'll prove to her my love, not just with words but with actions. I'll shower her with affection, and be there for her in every possible way. I want her to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's the most important person in my life, that I'll move mountains for her if I have to.

I won't let her doubt me or our love ever again. I'll be her constant, her pillar of support, her partner in every sense of the word.

But until then, I'll wait for her, patiently counting down the seconds until I can see her smile again, hear her laugh, feel her warmth beside me. Because no matter how long it takes, she's worth every moment of waiting, every ounce of effort to prove my love to her.

I also can't seem to shake this feeling of anger that's been gnawing at me ever since Shruthi pulled away.  I keep replaying everything in my mind, every moment we've shared.

And I can't help but feel like I've let her down, like I've failed her in some way. If only I had been honest with her from the start, maybe none of this would have happened.

I should have told her how long I've been in love with her, how she's always been the one for me, the only one who's ever mattered. But I was too afraid, too caught up in my own fears and insecurities to speak up. And now, it's come back to haunt me in the worst possible way.

If I had just been honest with her from the beginning, maybe she would have never believed my dad's lies. Maybe she would have seen through his deception and realized that my feelings for her are real, that they've always been real.

But instead, I let her down. I let her walk away, believing the worst about me, about us. And now, I'm paying the price for my silence, for my cowardice. I'm losing her, slipping through my fingers like sand, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

I'm so angry at myself, at my own stupidity for letting things get to this point. I should have fought for her, for us, with every fiber of my being. But instead, I had let doubt and fear hold me back, and now I'm left with nothing but regret.