59. The Whole Truth

Shruthi's POV

I woke up in Arjun's arms, feeling his comforting presence around me

I woke up in Arjun's arms, feeling his comforting presence around me. With crossed arms, I practically lay on top of him, calling out his name, "Arjun, Arjun." He hummed in response, and I nudged him, repeating his name with more urgency. "Enna ma?" he asked in his sleepy voice.
(What dear?)

His morning voice made me feel flustered, so I ran my fingers through his hair, "Ennaku pasikuthu."
(I'm hungry)

Arjun opened his eyes, teasing me, "Mothala nee pallu velakuniya?"
(Did you even brush your teeth yet?)

I slapped his chest, sitting up, and replied, "Seri, ennaku onnume venam po."
(Fine then, I don't want anything at all.)

He sat up beside me, rubbing his eyes, and asked, "Seri sorry ma, did you sleep well?"

I nodded, smiling softly at him. "Yes, I did, especially with you beside me," I replied.

Arjun wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a gentle hug. "I'm glad to hear that. Are you feeling better now?" he asked, concern evident in his eyes.

I nodded at his question, appreciating his consideration.

"Super! Seri sollu en raaniku enna venum saapda?"
(Now tell me, what does my queen want to eat? )

I leaned in and kissed his cheek tenderly. "Ethuvenum naalum ok. Nethu naa olungave sapdala," I replied softly, feeling content just being in his presence.
(I'm ok with anything. I didn't eat properly at all last night)

Arjun reciprocated my kiss with one on my nose, causing me to giggle. "Aama pathen. Seri vaa un vaithuku Sora poduvom," he suggested warmly, his eyes filled with affection.
(Yea I saw, alright come let's go and feed you)

I froze in the middle of the hall, uncertain how to react as I saw Anandhi busy in the kitchen. Glancing back at Arjun, I found reassurance in his presence.

"It's okay, I'm right behind you."

He gently pushed me forward, his hand on my back, encouraging me to continue.

I took a deep breath, summoning my courage, and stepped into the hall. Anandhi was busy cooking breakfast, her back turned to us.

"Umm... Good morning, Anandhi."

Anandhi turned around quickly hearing my voice, her expression cautious. "Morning, Shruthi."

I shifted uncomfortably, unsure of what to say next. Arjun gave me an encouraging nod, silently urging me to continue the conversation.

I apologized, my voice tinged with remorse. "I'm sorry for fainting. I didn't mean to scare you."

Anandhi rushed forward, enveloping me in a tight hug. "No, why are you apologizing? It's my fault. I'm so sorry I stressed you out like that."