62. The Grief

Arjun's POV

As the medical team rushed Shruthi to a nearby ward, my heart pounded with a mixture of fear and confusion

As the medical team rushed Shruthi to a nearby ward, my heart pounded with a mixture of fear and confusion. Veera hurried over, from where I did not know, his expression mirroring my own concern. "What happened? Is she okay?" he asked urgently.

I struggled to find the words to explain the situation, my mind reeling from the sudden turn of events. "I don't know," I admitted, my voice trembling slightly. "Meera... Meera didn't make it, and something happened to Shruthi. She's having difficulty breathing and she's crying a lot."

Veera's face darkened with understanding as he processed the information, his medical expertise kicking into gear. "Oh fuck," he swore softly, his tone grave. "She's having a panic attack. If we don't stabilize her, it can lead to a cardiac arrest."

The gravity of Veera's words hit me like a punch to the gut. Panic attack? I hadn't known about Shruthi's struggles with anxiety, and the revelation sent a wave of guilt crashing over me. How could I have missed something so important about someone I cared so deeply for?

As the doctors worked together to stabilize Shruthi, my mind was a whirlwind of confusion and concern. Once she was settled, I turned to Veera, seeking answers in his experienced gaze.

"Veera, what exactly is a panic attack?" I asked.

Veera paused, his expression somber as he prepared to explain. "A panic attack is a sudden onset of intense fear or discomfort that triggers severe physical and emotional symptoms," he began, "It can include shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, trembling, sweating, and a feeling of impending doom."

My confusion only deepened as Veera continued. "They can be incredibly frightening and overwhelming, and if not managed properly, they can lead to serious complications, including cardiac arrest."

I nodded, absorbing the gravity of his words. "But how did Shruthi start having them?" I asked, my concern for her growing with each passing moment.

Veera hesitated, his gaze shifting to Shruthi's still form. "That's something you'll have to ask her when she wakes up," he replied cryptically, his voice tinged with empathy. "It's not always easy to pinpoint the exact cause of a panic attack, but it's important for her to know that she's not alone in this."

As I sat by Shruthi's bedside, relief flooded through me as her eyes slowly fluttered open. "Hey Angel," I greeted her softly. "How are you feeling now?"

Watching her struggle to respond, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt for not being able to prevent her panic attack. "Better," she murmured finally, her voice strained. "I'm sorry for scaring you Arjun. I didn't mean to."

Her apology tugged at my heartstrings, and I reached out to gently brush a stray strand of hair from her face. "You don't need to apologize baby," I reassured her, my voice gentle. "I'm just glad you're okay."