10. Revelation

Shruthi's POV

I walked away from him as soon as I could before I said anything hurtful

I walked away from him as soon as I could before I said anything hurtful. He was the one being rude not me. I knew he would take time to adjust to this marriage. And I would give him all the time he needs if he just asked. Instead he's been ignoring me and it's very obvious he doesn't care about me or what I do. I hate these kind of people. People who are arrogant, pretentious and selfish. I've met many people of that kind while growing up. Even my parents belonged to the category. Aarav was the only one who cared about me while growing up.

That's another reason why I moved to Scotland. What's the difference being with strangers and parents who treat you like a stranger. I expected to be alone in Scotland. Life had other plans for me fortunately. For the first time one decision came with so many benefits. Moving to Scotland was the best thing I did. I got to study medicine, I got freedom from my parents and I got two friends from med school that I'm thankful for everyday. Anandhi and my senior Veera were the only reason I was sane throughout my med school life.

Whilst all these thoughts, I walked about still angry at Arjun trying to find Lea. I was fine until she left picking up a call that's when hell started breaking loose. I should have just kept my stupid mouth closed and not talked to him. Curse me for trying to have a conversation with my husband. I walked around a little while and I found Lea sitting on a swing still on the phone but smiling and laughing now. I walked over to her and when she saw me she quickly said goodbye to the other person on the line and cut the call. I narrowed my eyes at her and she avoided my gaze and looked at the ground.

I walked over to her, sat down on the swing next to her and started swinging. I look feel Lea looking at me but I continue swinging. I didn't say or do anything else. Finally, Lea was the one who broke the silence.

She asked softly, "Aren't you going to ask who that was? "

I shrugged and said, "Apdi ennaku theriyanumna neeye sollirupe, sollalena theriya avasiyam illanu artham. Ennaku avasiyam illathathey naa kekamaaten"
(If I needed to know it you would have told me, since you didn't say anything there is no need for me to know. I wont ask something that I shouldn't need to know.)

Taking a deep breath, Lea turned to me and her hesitation was evident as she began to speak, "Anni", her voice trembling slightly, "I need to confide in you about something that's been consuming my thoughts and emotions. I've found myself in a situation, a relationship that I haven't told anyone about, and I need your understanding and your promise to keep it a secret." Her voice trembled again, but her eyes conveyed a sense of urgency.

I looked at Lea with a mix of concern and curiosity, her brow furrowing. "What's going on, Lea? You can trust me. I promise to keep whatever you share confidential. You're like a sister to me". My warm and concerned tone encouraged Lea to proceed.