3. Dream Come True

Arjun's POV

Chaos broke when the letter was found

Chaos broke when the letter was found. When I say chaos I mean utter mayhem. Everyone panicked and Shruthi's parents were beyond angry. There were people shouting and whispering every where and it was just brutal to see such a havoc breaking down in the hall.

Shruthi's were telling the groom's parents that they betrayed them and they didn't raise their son properly and more vicious stuff. Aarav on the other hand though seemed suspiciously unbothered. I didn't know what was up with him especially since his whole family was freaking out he was was just standing there not even panicking that his sister's wedding was a disaster.

Apparently the groom that Shruthi's parents found for her already had a long time girlfriend and he was being forced into this marriage by them. He wasn't happy with this marriage and he had written a letter and fled the marriage hall to marry his girlfriend.

It was all the groom's parents fault but the things Shruthi's parents were saying were too much. Yes they were humiliated but that doesn't give them the right to talk to the groom's parents that way. They started spewing shit about their family and about their business. At one point it got so bad that Aarav's had become physically violent

But things really got serious when Shruthi came out. She came out and noticed the letter in her fathers hand. Shruthi snatched the letter from her dad's hand in one swift move and started reading it. Her dad tried to stop her but she told him off.

That gave me an odd sense of satisfaction and I grinned but as I watched her read the letter I became tense as well. As she read the letter her facial expressions became more difficult to watch. I can't imagine how it would feel if your wedding got stopped at the last minute.

After she read the letter finish she tore it up and went to the room and shut it without a word. Her friend followed her and it hurt me to watch Shruthi like that.

No one should go through this.

The tension in the marriage hall was still very high. All the people who were invited were still whispering and spreading stuff. Im pretty sure this would be the new gossip in town for the next few weeks. On the other hand, Shruthi's dad sat at the edge of the stage thinking about something.

He then called Aarav and was discussing something with him. His mother also joined and now they were deep in the conversation.
Then suddenly Aarav glanced towards me. He went back to the conversation but it was so quick no one else saw it. I did because I was looking at them the whole time.

I had a bad feeling. He told his parents something and came straight to me. I felt strange because all eyes were on him and now they were travelling towards me. Aarav pulled to the backroom where Vijay was supposed to get ready and closed the door and locked it. I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to explain but he didn't say anything.