35. Movie or ?

Shruthi's POV

The weekend finally came, and I was so excited to chill after a crazy week

The weekend finally came, and I was so excited to chill after a crazy week. Arjun, was suggesting going out for dinner or roaming around town. But, you know, I was kinda feeling the simple vibes of staying in, wrapped up in our cozy home.

Arjun threw around a bunch of ideas, but a thought hit me – what about a movie night in our home theatre? I saw his eyes light up at the idea, but the charm of a quiet night in won me over.

I told him, "Arjun, let's stay in tonight. Not in the mood for going out, you know?"

He looked at me all puzzled but said, "Alright, staying in it is. What do you wanna do then?"

I grinned and suggested, "How about a movie night in our home theatre? Just us two."

Arjun smiled back, "Sounds perfect, Angel. A movie night it is."

The decision made, we made our way to the home theatre. Dimming the lights, arranging the cushions on our seats, and selecting a few favorite snacks – everything fell into place for our impromptu movie night.

As we settled into our seats, I took charge of picking the movie. Scroll, scroll, and there it was – a film with Aditya Roy Kapoor, who, let's be honest, is easy on the eyes.

Arjun, catching on to my choice, teased, "Really? Couldn't find something worse?"

I played it off cool, "What? It's got a good story."

He saw through it, "Good story? You can come up with a better lie, Angel. Admit it, you're only putting it for him." He pointed at Aditya.

Caught red-handed, I laughed, confessing, "Okay, you got me. But can you blame me? He's kinda charming."

Arjun, pretending to be offended, said, "And here I thought I was the only charming guy in your life."

I smiled, "You are, Paithiyam. This is just a temporary distraction."

As the movie kicked off, I let myself enjoy the on-screen charisma, sneaking glances at Aditya. 

Arjun, always sharp, kept the banter going.

He asked annoyed, "You're not even paying attention to the plot, are you?"

I giggled, "Isn't he handsome?" all excited as I ogled at the actor on the screen.

And whoops, I noticed Arjun's fist clenching out of the corner of my eye. Turned out, he wasn't impressed.

I couldn't stop laughing when he scoffed, "What?" annoyed as anything. My amusement only grew when I realized he was jealous.

"You're so cute when you're jealous," I teased, and surprisingly, his annoyance seemed to vanish.

Out of the blue, his hand reached for my waist, pulling me onto his lap. I gasped, holding onto him as he adjusted my thighs around him.