60. Eternal Flames

TW: Mature Content (18+)
Arjun's PO

As we settled into the car, Shruthi leaned her head on my shoulder, her arms intertwining with mine

As we settled into the car, Shruthi leaned her head on my shoulder, her arms intertwining with mine. Her voice filled the space between us as she excitedly talked about the places she wanted to explore in Bangalore.

Shruthi's excitement bubbled over, and it was just so adorable to watch her be excited for something after so long.

"So, where do you want to go first?" I asked, glancing at her with a grin.

"Hmm, maybe we could start with Lalbagh Botanical Garden. I heard it's beautiful," she suggested, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"Lalbagh sounds like a great idea. We can spend some time there and then maybe grab lunch at one of those local restaurants you mentioned," I replied, nodding in agreement.

"That sounds perfect! Oh, and we can't miss the Bangalore Palace. It's like stepping into a fairytale," she exclaimed, her enthusiasm infectious.

"Definitely! We'll add it to our list," I said, putting my arms around her pulling her closer.

Shruthi pointed out various landmarks and shared fun facts about the city.

"Oh, look, there's Commercial Street! We have to go shopping there tomorrow," she exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Absolutely! We'll make a day of it," I replied, smiling at her enthusiasm.

"And don't forget about the street food. We have to try everything from masala dosa to gobi manchurian," she exclaimed, her stomach audibly rumbling at the thought.

"Angel we can do anything you want. This trip is for you to relax and enjoy so don't worry. We'll do everything," I told her kissing the top of her head.

As the hotel came into view, "We're here!" Shruthi exclaimed, her face lighting up with delight.

I smiled, feeling grateful for the adventure ahead and the joy of experiencing it with her by my side.

As she approached the reception desk, I balanced our bags and waited by the elevator. A few moments passed before she joined me, a triumphant smile lighting up her face.

"I got the key!" she exclaimed, waving it in the air. "Room 312, here we come!"

"Alright great." I replied, grinning at her excitement. "Let's head up."

We stepped into the elevator, the doors sliding shut behind us. The soft hum of the lift's ascent filled the small space as we exchanged excited chatter about our plans for the day.

The elevator dinged, signaling our arrival on the third floor. With a grin, I gestured for Shruthi to lead the way as we stepped out into the hallway. She rushed in front of me looking at each door trying to find our room. When she found it, she signalled me to come over and opened the door for me.