54. A Good Friend

Arjun's POV

Waking up to Shruthi nestled closely beside me, a rush of contentment flooded my senses

Waking up to Shruthi nestled closely beside me, a rush of contentment flooded my senses. The gentle rise and fall of her chest, the warmth of her body against mine – it all felt like a comforting embrace, grounding me in the moment. Leaning in, I pressed a tender kiss to her temple, making her stir.

"Un thookatha disturb pannitena, Angel?" I murmured, my voice carrying a mixture of affection and amusement.
(Did I disturb your sleep, angel?)

She shook her head slightly, her face nestled into the crook of my neck, her breaths soft and steady.

"Unamaiyava?" I teased her playfully.
(Are you sure?)

With a subtle nod against my neck, she confirmed her drowsy state.

I laughed at her reaction causing her to scold me. "Mooditu thoongu Paithiyam," she responded.
(Shut up and sleep idiot)

With a soft chuckle, I relented, knowing it was futile to argue with her sleepy state. As I began to rise from the bed, she reached out, her hand grasping at mine.

"Arjun, thirumba vaa," she whined softly, her eyes still closed.
(Arjun, come back)

I couldn't help but smile at her sleepy request. "Varen,varen vanthu tholaiyuren", I replied quickly.
(Coming, I'm coming)

With a soft sigh, I shifted back beside her, feeling her hand reaching out to mine. As our fingers intertwined, I knew I couldn't resist her. "Naa inga thaan irukken," I reassured her, my voice soft and tender.
(I'm here)

But instead of lying back, I sat up and learned against the heardboard. Gently, I lifted her into my arms, feeling her arms wrap around my neck as I held her close. "Olunga pudichuko," I whispered, my lips brushing against her hair as I carried her.
(Hold on tight)

As I lifted her, she blinked open her eyes, confusion evident in her gaze. "Arjun, enna pandre nee?" she asked softly, her voice still heavy with sleep.
(Arjun, what are you doing?)

A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I settled her onto my lap, her arms instinctively wrapping around my neck. "Onnum illa enna nambu," I replied gently, my hands finding their place on her waist as she straddled me.
(Just trust me)

I felt her relax against me, her head finding its spot on my shoulder, her warmth seeping into my skin as her legs wrapped around my waist. In that moment, as we held each other close, I felt a sense of peace wash over me.

The moment was pure bliss, with Shruthi nestled in my arms, her warmth enveloping me, and her soft breaths against my neck. But our moment was interrupted by the sudden sound of the doorbell, and Shruthi let out a groan, hugging me tighter. I ran my hand soothingly up and down her back, trying to calm her nerves. "Ennakum itha continue pannanumnu aasai thaan aana," I murmured, "Antha kavatha thorakanumnu nenekiren."
(As much as I'd love to continue this, I think we need to get that door)