16. Fell for Her

Heyy guys before I start I just want to thank y'all for 1k views!! Im really happy and to celebrate here is a really long and early update for y'all. I hope you like it and continue to show your support encouraging me to write more.
Enjoy! ✨
༺༻

Arjun's POV

I fell for her

I fell for her. I fell for her before I even discovered who I was. I knew Shruthi since we were little kids. I actually met her first and not Aarav. They had just built their new house in my neighborhood and had moved here recently. My family had been living in that neighborhood for a few years already.

It was a great day outside and the perfect time to play in the sun. At least according to my Ma it was. She had pushed me out of the house forcing me to spend some time at the park near my house and get some vitamin D.

I strolled around aimlessly around the park until something caught my eye. In the corner of the park, beneath the shade of a sprawling oak tree, I noticed a small but beautiful girl ,around my age maybe a little younger, engrossed in a storybook.  She had long black hair which looked really shiny under the sunlight.

Even though I was a shy boy I approached her, intrigued by the worlds within those pages. As I walked closer to her, I finally got a better view of the book she was reading. It was Harry Potter. I was so excited that my heart started racing. None of my friends read and the people who do read don't think harry potter is good. This was the first time I saw someone as interested as me in Harry Potter. I mustered the courage to strike up a conversation  with her about the characters and adventures in the book she held.

"Nee Harry Potter Series padipiya? "
(You read the Harry Potter series? )

She looked up at my voice and I saw her eyes. Her pretty little eyes. Her eyes, wide and curious, are windows to a universe brimming with curiosity and boundless imagination.
Her eyes glowed in the sunlight and she brought her hand up to her face to cover her pretty eyes.

"Aama padipen. Unnaku Harry Potterlaam theriyuma? "
(Yea I read. Do you also know Harry Potter?)

I nodded and said, "Aama naanum padipen. Nee entha book padichitruka? "
(Yea of course. I also read. What books have you read? )

She shook her head and said, "Naa motha seriesahyum mudichiten epovo. Ipo summa thirumba padikuren."
(I finished the whole series a long time ago. I'm just rereading it now. )

I lowered myself beside her and leaned against the trunk looking at her and said excitedly, "Apdiya? Super naanum thaan. Entha book unnaku romba pudikum?"
(Really? Great me too! Which book do you like the most? )

She turned look at me and started talking moving her hands animatedly, "Ennaku romba romba romba pudicha bookna athu Prisoner of Azkaban thaan."
(The book that I really really really like is the Prisoner of Azkaban!)