6. Sleepless Night

Shruthi's POV

I tried and failed miserably in sleeping

I tried and failed miserably in sleeping. I kept replaying what happened just now with Arjun and how I felt. For some reason I couldn't just forget about it and fall asleep.

When I entered the room, I saw the bed and immediately stopped. Arjun not realising this walked into me and knocked me over. I lost my balance and tripped on my saree's end.

Luckily, Arjun caught me in time. The sudden proximity felt like a collision of personal space, an unexpected merging of two worlds. It was as if time momentarily froze, and the air thickened with the awareness of another person's closeness.

Our heartbeats seemed to synchronize in that instant, and the world outside blurred as attention focused on the newfound intimacy. The warmth of his breath, the nearness of his body, combined to create a charged atmosphere, which was both thrilling and unsettling.

It was a moment when our personal boundaries dissolved, it left me acutely aware of the shared connection, even if only for a fleeting moment.  Eye contact was inevitable. I tried to look away but for some strange reason I couldn't. I couldn't look away from the honey colored eyes of his. The longer I looked the more mesmerized I was.

Suddenly we both came back to reality and he let me go. He asked if I was ok and I nodded but when I tried to walk it hurt so much. I shouted and he looked at me with what looked like worry. Which was weird. In all the years I've known him, I've never seen him show any emotion. Everytime, his face has been stone cold not caring about anything. This is new and it was unsettling me.

Before I could say anything, he bent down and checked my leg. I tried to stop him but he shushed me.

I was offended. No one shushes me. Ever.

He then touched my leg and I almost fainted.

Why the hell is he doing all this suddenly?
And why do I feel like this everytime he touches me? What's wrong with me?

He swiftly got up and looked from the bed to me. There was a good 10 ft from the door to his bed. He was thinking something. I could see it in his face. I just hoped it didn't involve using my legs.

He asked me if I could walk and I shook my head know. Before I knew it he lifted me bridal style and carries me to the bed. I cursed his room for being so big. When he lifted me, I resisted but I realized being in his arms was oddly comforting and not at all uncomfortable. I kind of liked it...