44. Accident

Arjun's POV

Stepping out into the pouring rain, I felt the cold drops instantly soak through my clothes

Stepping out into the pouring rain, I felt the cold drops instantly soak through my clothes. Making my way to the car, my mind was a whirlwind of emotions. Sitting in the driver's seat, I slammed the door shut, the sound muffled by the drumming of the rain on the roof.

Frustration boiled inside me, a mixture of anger at the situation and guilt for what had happened. Yelling, I kicked the side of the car, the impact reverberating through my body. Running a hand through my hair, my fingers tangled in the wet strands.

Sitting in the driver's seat, my hands clenched tightly around the steering wheel. Rain pelted the windshield, blurring the world outside into a mess of distorted shapes and colors. I was angry, frustrated, and hurt. How could she not listen to me? How could she just shut me out like that?

Yelling from the frustration, I slammed my palm against the dashboard, the sound echoing in the empty car. My mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions, each one more tumultuous than the last. I ran a hand through my rain-soaked hair, the droplets mingling with the tears of frustration that threatened to spill from my eyes.

"I just wanted to explain," I muttered to myself, my voice barely audible over the sound of the rain. "I just wanted her to understand."

But she hadn't listened. She hadn't even given me a chance to explain myself. And now, I was left alone in the rain, grappling with the wreckage of our relationship.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm the storm raging inside me. I needed to find a way to make things right, to bridge the gap that had formed between us. I drove through the rain-soaked streets, my mind consumed with thoughts of Shruthi. I should have told her about Reena from the start, I realized. I should have been honest, open, but now it felt like it was too late.

"I messed up," I thought, the realization hitting me like a ton of bricks. "I should have been honest with her from the start. I should have told her about Reena. I should have... I should have..." My thoughts trailed off, lost in the storm of regret and self-recrimination.

As the windshield wipers swiped away the rain, my thoughts were a whirlwind of regret and longing. I loved Shruthi more than anything, and the idea of losing her tore at my heart. How could I make things right? How could I mend the shattered pieces of our relationship?

My phone buzzed with an incoming call, and without hesitation, I parked my car at the side of the road and answered it. "Hey, Aarav," I greeted, my voice heavy with emotion.

"Arjun, where are you?" Aarav's voice was stern, tinged with frustration.

"I'm... I'm driving," I replied, my grip on the steering wheel tightening.

"Listen, Arjun, we need to talk," Aarav's tone was serious, cutting straight to the point

I let out a heavy sigh, the weight of my emotions almost suffocating. "I've had a rough night, Aarav," I admitted, my voice trembling slightly.