7. Ignorance

Arjun's POV

After hours of trying to sleep, I gave up and around 5

After hours of trying to sleep, I gave up and around 5.30 I got up and started getting ready for work. I took a long shower where I was consumed by my thoughts the whole time. The gravity of my life was just starting to sink in and I was still trying to understand everything.

I tried to distract my mind by thinking of how to handle the business deals in my work but everytime my mind diverted back to the woman who was currently outside sleeping on my bed.

It was such a pain in the ass sleeping on the coach. I'm not the nicest guy on earth. I never give up anything of mine, especially something that gives me comfort, so easily to someone.

However yesterday, as soon as she looked at the bed the words came out before I could stop myself. After that I couldn't take it back even if I wanted to. I had to do something about the bed. I couldn't stay in the couch forever.

You're just doing this because she's hurt , a voice in my head said.

When I came out of the bathroom, I saw that she was still asleep. She looked like an angel sleeping so peacefully. I was mortified that I had just thought that.

What the fuck was wrong with me?

My eyes drifted to the digital clock on the night stand and I got another shock. The light flashed, 06:45. Realisation dawned on me, I had just spent over an hour in the bathroom just thinking about her.

I ran my hands over my face in exasperation and walked into my closet. I had a business meeting with a client today so I wore a black and white suit to look more professional. I was adjusting my tie when I came out of the closet and noticed her missing. The bed was made but she was nowhere to be seen. I heard the water running in the bathroom and realized that she was in there.

I was walking over to my desk when she came out of the bathroom. She was looking at her leg and she didn't see that I was walking that way. She bumped into me. Instinctively, both my hands went to her shoulder to steady her before she lost her balance again. This was becoming a frequent thing. Her bumping into me and me catching her.

How can someone be so careless, I thought frustrated.

She looked up at me for few seconds analysing something and nodded. I nodded back. I wanted to know what was going on in her mind just now, although I knew better than to ask. I felt uneasy that she didn't even greet me properly. I mean I was her husband after all. Does she not respect me? But I brushed aside the feeling and walked to the desk to do my work.

I always started on my daily work before I went to the office like looking through the deals, the employees works, documents and all the miscellaneous liabilities.