46. Married? How?

Arjun's POV

After Aarav left, a wave of relief washed over me, grateful for the opportunity to finally be alone with Shruthi

After Aarav left, a wave of relief washed over me, grateful for the opportunity to finally be alone with Shruthi. As she returned to my bedside, I couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort flood over me.

"Hey Angel," I greeted softly, a smile forming on my lips as she approached.

"Hey," she replied, her smile mirroring mine. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now that you're here," I admitted, reaching out to take her hand in mine.

"Arjun, I can't believe Aarav! He's so inconsiderate, leaving you alone like that when you're in the hospital," she exclaimed, her frustration evident.

I listened to her words with a patient smile, but as her rant continued, I couldn't resist the urge to silence her with a kiss. Leaning in closer, I pressed my lips against hers, feeling a rush of warmth and affection wash over me.

Shruthi's protests faltered as surprise registered on her face, her lips soft and yielding against mine. It was a brief moment away from the chaos of the world.

As we kissed, I pulled back slightly, my breath mingling with hers. "I'd rather not talk about your brother when I'm kissing you," I murmured against her neck, trailing kisses along her jawline.

Her laughter was music to my ears, a melody of joy that filled the room. "You're impossible," she teased, though her eyes sparkled with affection.

I grinned, unable to resist her playful charm. "But you love me anyway," I countered, my voice filled with confidence.

"Arjun," she began, her voice softening as our lips parted, but I didn't want to hear her scolding anymore. Instead, I kissed her again, this time with a gentle urgency, a silent plea for her to stop talking and simply be with me.

Lost in the sweetness of our kiss, I felt a sense of peace wash over me, a reminder that no matter what challenges we faced, as long as Shruthi was by my side, everything would be alright.

As we finally pulled apart, I gazed into her eyes, feeling a rush of affection for her. "You always know how to shut me up," she murmured, a fond smile playing at her lips.

I grinned back at her, my heart swelling with love for this woman who had captured my heart so completely. "What can I say? It's a talent," I teased, my fingers tracing patterns on the back of her hand.

Her blush made my heart flutter, her warmth seeping into every fiber of my being. "You should be resting," she scolded gently, though her eyes betrayed her affection.

I chuckled softly. "I'll rest later. Right now, I just want you here with me."

"Of course," she nodded, leaning in to capture my lips in another kiss. Shruthi's lips were like fire against mine, igniting a hunger within me that I couldn't ignore. But just as I was about to deepen the kiss, she gently pulled back, her voice a soft whisper in the quiet hospital room.