[43]

JUNGKOOK

JUNGKOOK

A delicious fragrance filled the room with a sweet scent of honey and vanilla. A warm morning sun was shining through the curtains, making the colours of the sky vivid and clear. As i got up and thought to myself, "What a pleasant day!".

I look at her, my heart pounding in my chest.  She's so perfect, and she has no idea what I'm feeling.  I slowly move closer to her, hoping that she won't wake up.  I lean over and whisper in her ear, "I love you sweetheart."  I backed away, holding my breath, hoping she didn't hear me.  She remains asleep, her breathing slow and steady.  But I can't resist taking one last look at her, her beauty capturing my heart.

I take a deep breath, inhaling her scent.  There's something about her that calms me, that makes me feel so happy.  Despite all the times we've been together, it's still exciting to be next to her, feeling her presence close to mine.  I reach out and gently brush the hair behind her ear, my fingers softly caressing her skin.  This time, she stirs and opens her eyes, my heart skipping a beat.

She looks up at me, her eyes bright and alert, and for a moment I see a flash of surprise.  She quickly composes herself and chuckles, "What are you doing?"  She sits up, stretching her arms upward, and I can't help but admire the way her body curves elegantly in all the right places.  "Nothing," I quickly lied.

She looked at me, an awkward smile on her face.  I can't help but feel a sharp pang of jealousy as I know I have seen how she looks at him and the thought of her with another man sends a shiver of anger through me.

All this time, I've been pretending to be her friend, hoping for a chance to prove myself worthy of her love.  But now I see that she's already in love with my best friend.  I feel betrayal, rage and sadness boiling inside me. 

Then, her smile faded into a worried look. She looked at me, searching my eyes for answers. "What's wrong?" she asked, her voice filled with concern. I stayed silent for a moment, feeling a lump in my throat. I wanted to tell her about my feelings, but it's not the right time, I have a lot of things already planned.

"It's nothing. Just some work problems I have to solve," I replied, forcing a smile. She looked at me dubiously, but didn't press me further. As we sat there, staring at each other in silence, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. It was as if every nerve ending in my body was on fire, all my senses heightened as I watched her. I wanted to reach out and touch her, but I held back.

I looked up to the wall and there was a beautiful portrait of her. “It's amazing right? “ She says while looking back at the portrait hanging on the wall. "Yeah, the artist clearly loves you," I reply with a grin. The portrait is beautifully rendered, and perfectly captures her essence.

She chuckled. “Well I really want to meet the artist, I mean it's so beautiful but an Anonymous gift by my fan , I really love the blood red colour he used on me, that looks so perfect “ I nodded. “What if it's actually blood? “