[41]

ISHITA

"Oh damn! What are they doing here?" I hissed. "They'll find out about us if we answer the door - we should just pretend no one's home!"

"But what if they don't believe you? They know you're here," Taehyung muttered, his face pale as he looked through the peephole again. "They can see your car still in the driveway!"

I looked around frantically for a place to hide Taehyung, but there was no good place to disguise the tall man. I sighed in frustration and reluctantly made up my mind.

"How about you jump from the window?" I suggested and we both stared down and then I gave him an awkward chuckle. "You can't, right? This will only kill you" He nods. "Of course I'm not spiderman who can jump from 13th floor"

I bit my lower lip feeling frustrated. 

"Right, that would be a terrible idea," I sighed. The constant ringing was starting to wear me down, and I was getting increasingly anxious. I could hear them calling my name from the other side of the door, and I was running out of time.

Finally, I heard them  starting to sound impatient and angry. "Look, we know you're home," I could hear Jin oppa saying through the door. "Come on, just open the goddamn door!"

I looked beside me and frowned when I didn't find tae, where di--i saw him hiding under the table. “Do you think you've a size of an insect? “ I ask while looking at him with a done face. He shook his head and stepped out. 

"What do we do?" I whispered, feeling increasingly scared.

Taehyung squeezed my hand again. "Just don't answer the door. "

I shook my head. "No, they'll know something is up.” I replied. “We should just ignore them... they'll get tired of ringing the doorbell eventually." 

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, look at it from their perspective. Would you just give up if your friend kept ignoring you?"

He sighed. “Just listen to me” He took my wrist. “ God listening to you has always been dum–” He glares while turning his face. I gave him a smile. “Bolo ji” (Just say) . He sighed and we again stood in the Hall. 

Why are we even hiding all of this? But again this is not the time I can question taehyung about this. "How about you hide in my room, they'll surely not barge in there " I suggested to him. 

"Yeah, it's probably our best bet right now." He whispered to me, his voice filled with anxiety. "You better hurry though - they'll only be polite for so long."

Taehyung nodded and ran upstairs to my room while I stayed in front of the door, trying to stall for time. I could hear them ringing the doorbell repeatedly, but they hadn't tried to barge in yet.