Chapter 61

"Where were you?" Were the first words I heard as soon as I entered her hospital room

"Where were you?" Were the first words I heard as soon as I entered her hospital room. I smiled at her feeling happy at least she has some of her strength back and has some colour on her cheeks. I walked towards her and gave her the flowers I brought on my way here.

"I had some work in the office, baby. I haven't been to the office in nearly a week so I went when they had some emergency." I kissed her forehead and then her cheeks and sat on the bed. She looked unconvinced but she didn't push. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good and thank you for the flowers. They are beautiful." She inhaled the scent of the flowers and passed me a breathtaking smile. I caressed her hair and felt reviled as if the burden of my shoulders had been lifted when I saw her smile. "When can I go home Avy? I don't think I can bear being here any more." shd sighed, sounding drained.

"Just a few more days baby, the doctor said he needs to make sure that you are completely fine before discharging you." I explained taking the flowers and placing them on the table. She looked at me with a frown and it pained me to see her like this.

"But Avy, I'm fine can't you ask the doctor to send me home. I can rest there properly and you will be there to take care of me. Please, I don't wanna stay here any longer." She held my hands in her and squeezed lightly. I sighed, I don't like her being here too.

"Okay fine I'll ask the doctor about it but only on one condition." I told her in a serious voice. Anika nodded her head eagerly.

"What is it?" She looked uncertain.

"The only thing you will do while we are home is to take complete rest and take your medicine in time."

"I promise."

"Fine, just take some rest. Tomorrow morning we'll see what the doctor has to say." I mumbled.

********

"Glad to be home?" I asked as I stood behind my wife with my arms wrapped around her. After getting a go ahead signal from the doctor we brought Anika home after one more day in hospital. Now we are home waiting for Maa as she asked us to wait outside so she could take aarti of Anika.

She leaned into me and nodded her head slightly. " I am. I can't wait to eat home cooked meals and sleep in our bed." I smiled and kissed her side of her head.

Maa brought out the Aarti plate took Anika and I's aarti and welcomed us inside the house. I slowly helped Anika to the living room and helped her sit on the couch. All the family members gathered around Anika fussing over her. She just watched them with a serene smile on her face.