Chapter 23

Dadi and I were taking a casual stroll in the backyard

Dadi and I were taking a casual stroll in the backyard. We haven't had one of these one-on-one talks since my marriage and I miss them. I used to love talking to her and I would share everything with her, it kinda became our ritual to have this once in a week. I moved towards the roses planted in the garden, this Dadu's pride and joy. He built this garden for Dadi because she loved roses.

"So Ani, tell me how are things with Kartavya and you?" Dadi asked with a teasing smile.

"Dadi, everything is going great between us." I answered with a dreamy smile. I've been like this since date night, god what is happening to me. I was never like this.

"Ah, I can see that in your smile, I assume you have talked about your issues." She caressed my hair. We moved towards the bench present in the garden and took a seat.

"Yes Dadi, we talked and resolved all our issues and everything's been so good since then." I placed my head on her shoulder and played with her hands. Her hands were warm and soft, reminding me of my childhood where she would caress my hair and hold while I would cry because I was missing my parents. She placed a kiss on my head and caressed my cheeks.

"I have seen the way he looks at you gudiya, the boy looks smitten."

All of a sudden I became shy. "No he doesn't, Dadi." I tried to tell her. How can he look smitten when we only really started a relationship just three days ago.

Aren't you smitten with him too Anika. My subconscious raised an eyebrow at me.

"Of course he does gudiya, he looks at you like you are the only one in the room. He always has his eyes on you when you aren't looking. He must really like you." Dadi chuckled. A smile formed on my lips.

"I like him a lot too. I don't know if it's possible to be this happy." Even though it's only been four days. I don't say that part out loud. I sighed remembering how he held my hand and occasionally kissing it throughout the drive from home to here.

"Does he know how you feel about him?" She inquired.

"Yeah Dadi, He does. He was the one who first confessed about how much he liked me." I raised my head from her shoulder and looked at her with a smile. "He prepared so much for that. He decorated the whole terrace of his penthouse apartment and even cooked for me. And Dadi, he is an amazing cook. Let me show you the pictures." I squealed and took out my phone from my pocket and started showing her the pics we took that day. She laughed looking at my excitement.

"I'm so happy for you gudiya, I was worried about who will be your future husband and I was worried how you will adjust to your new family and responsibilities." She sounded worried.

"Dadi, you don't have to worry about me. Everyone there is so nice and they all treat me very well, especially Maa." I assured her, patting her hand.

"Now, I don't have to worry about you anymore. You are finally getting the love of the family you always deserved since childhood." I was confused by what just Dadi said, why did she say it like she knows something, fear crawled up my spine does she know anything about our abuse. We were really careful not to tell them anything. We know they couldn't handle knowing what happened to us so bhaiya decided we should keep it a secret.