Chapter 11

I kept my bag and laptop on the couch in the closet and changed into a simple grey legging, sports bra and a gym jacket

I kept my bag and laptop on the couch in the closet and changed into a simple grey legging, sports bra and a gym jacket. I really need to blow off some steam after last night and today's events.

I was tying my hair into a pony when Kartavya walked into the closet. He stood at the entrance with his hands in his pockets and followed my actions with his eyes.

"Anika, can we talk?" He ran his hands through his already disheveled hair. "About what I said last night-"

"I don't care enough to hear your explanation. Excuse me." I brushed past him and went to my phone which was lying on the couch. I texted Shaurya and Sakshi on the way home about hitting the gym after my call with
Kartavya. There was already a message waiting for me.

Shaurya: We'll be there in five.

"Anika, please at least listen to what I have to say." he pleaded.

"My friends are here. I'm leaving." I said looking at my phone.

"Kaha ja rahi ho?" He halted me by grabbing my hand.

(Where are you going)

"Doesn't really concern you."

"Of Course it does, you are my wife. Everything about you concerns me."

"Can you not? You clearly showed how concerned you were about me when you decided to have dinner with her and ditch dinner with my family."

"Anika it's not like that. I was in a meeting when she came. I met her when she interrupted my-" I lift my hand having enough of his nonsense.

"You're such a hypocrite. You talk about decency, but what about you, you made my whole fucking family wait for you. You've not once answered my calls. Not me but you could have at least respected my grandparents. But you didn't." My phone pinged when I looked at it. It was from Sakshi saying they are here.

"I'm leaving." I walked out not bothering to wait for his reply. I could hear him call my name in the background.

While I was walking out Bhabhi stopped me.

"Are you okay Anika? Where are you going dinner is gonna start soon"

"Yes, I'm fine, Bhabhi. I'm going to the gym and I'll be back by dinner." I forced a smile. "Bye."

******

"So, tune Kartavya ko explain karne nahi diya?" Shaurya said with an irregular breathing as he flopped down beside me on the gym mattress after a round of sparring with me and Sakshi. I was trying to regulate my breath since he knocked me down.

(So you didn't let him explain)

"Nahi, kya karu? Har baar toh understanding nahi rah sakti na. He disrespected Dadu and Dadi by not coming to the dinner which he promised he would. As if that was not enough he was out having dinner with his ex. I've become a laughing stock of the internet." I sat up and took a sip of water from my sipper and wiped my neck of sweat.