Chapter 13

Earlier I got a text from Mihir that he sent me the information I asked

Earlier I got a text from Mihir that he sent me the information I asked. I haven't checked what Neel was up to for a while now. I think it's time to start his complete destruction. While I was checking the files my mind went through last night's events.

I always thought when I see her again I would definitely be angry but I also thought all the feelings I have for her would return. But none of that happened and I know why because of the woman who is in the bathroom.

Since I married her she was the only one who occupied my thoughts. Even though we haven't had proper conversations except for that one time or even spent time together, I always notice her. My eyes always seek her out in a room full of people. I started noticing how she is with my family members. How she causes mischief with Avni Bhabhi, Karthik and Kavya. How she spends time with Dadu and Dadi on her day off. And how patient she is with Aarav and that kid can test the patience of a monk.

I don't know how or when it happened but I started missing her when I didn't see her throughout the day, so I started coming home early from work.

This all started on the day she returned from PagPhera. We went to sleep as usual but I was cuddling her, When I woke up the next morning. And all I could do was stare at her and be mesmerised by her. I laid still like that for 15 minutes just staring at her. That was why I was a dick to her that morning.

"What are you doing?" I asked when I noticed her taking her pillow and keeping it on the couch.

"What does it look like? I'm going to sleep on the couch." What no fucking way. She was going to sleep on the bed with me.

"No, you are going to sleep on the bed."

"No, I won't."

"Don't be stubborn Anika. Sleep on the bed and don't argue."

"No I won't. Do whatever you want."

Ugh, it's like God has given me the most stubborn women to deal with. It was not enough that Dadi, Mom, Chachi, Kavya, Bhabhi are stubborn and now my wife is too.

"Fine, you have a problem with me right? I'll sleep on the couch."

"You will?" I nodded. What else can I do? She will be uncomfortable the whole night and I can't see her like that.

"Okay." What? That's it, I huffed and continued working.

The cool breeze blew into the room from the open door of the balcony making the room a little chilly. Anika snuggled more into her comforter and let out low breath. I couldn't resist anymore, abandoning my work I moved towards her and sat next to her on the bed.

I removed the strands of her hair that were covering her face and tucked it behind her ear. My eyes roamed on her face starting from her long thick eyelashes then her small straight nose and finally her lips, her lower lip slightly plump than her upper lip. I wanted to kiss and suck on them and know what she tastes like and see if they turn into a darker shade of red. Soon. I wanted to know if she tastes just as good as she looks. She was an epitome of perfection.