Chapter 15

I don't think I still comprehend what is going on

I don't think I still comprehend what is going on. Kartavya only picked me up once from work in our two months of marriage. He said he picked me up because we were going on a date. I had to pinch myself.

When I saw him sitting in the car so majestically, I had to stop myself from drooling. This guy is like walking sex on legs. In his grey pinstripe suit. He looks like an adonis. With his sharp jawline and 5 o' clock stubble he looked ruggedly handsome. He smelled so good I wanted to wrap my hands around his body and inhale his scent to my heart's content.

All my anger towards him vanished the day before yesterday when I got a call from Dadi saying how he came by the house and apologised profusely for his mistake and said he promised not to do it again. I wanted to call him and ask him why he didn't tell me but I decided against it. It was so hard to keep my distance and pretend I didn't just want to throw my hands around him and kiss him senselessly.

"Hum kaha ja rahe hai? Yeh Ghar janeka rasta nahi hai." I asked, when I noticed we weren't taking the usual route home.

(Where are we going? This is not the route to our house.)

"We are going to my penthouse. I want to have us some privacy"

"Oh okay." The car stopped in front of a huge building.

"We are here." Daniel came around and opened my door. I got out thanking him. Kartavya came towards me and held my hand. Tingles shot up my arm and my body was on fire with his close proximity. "Ready?"

"Yeah." We go into the building. The lobby of the building was high class and fancy with gold and with white interior design.

"Good evening, Mr.Raichand." The lady sitting at the reception greeted Kartavya with a smile on her face. She looked at me and gave me a sweet smile. I smiled at her.

"Good evening Sasha." He nodded at her. We made our way to an elevator which had 'private' written on it. He presses the call button.

"This elevator is the only one that goes up to the penthouse and it has code. I will give you the code okay." The elevator door opened, he released my hand and ushered me inside the elevator. The door started to close, I looked up at him and he's already watching me with his hazel eyes which are alive with desire.

It's there in the air, between us, the electricity. The tension surrounds us as we make our way to the penthouse, I could cut it with a knife. Soon we reached the penthouse and he ushered me inside with his hand on the small of my back. As soon as we entered the foyer came into view. It has some paintings of landscapes which I don't recognize. On the left side is a table decorated with flowers.

We entered into a large living room with a floor to ceiling window which gave the view of the city and it was breathtaking. The L shaped white couch are was placed in front of the window. The whole apartment was sophisticated and classy. I like it.