Chapter 3

It was Monday and three days after the wedding

It was Monday and three days after the wedding. On Friday I went home for paghera. And returned on Saturday afternoon which I spent with Avni Bhabhi, Karthik, and Kavya. The same happened on Sunday. Kartavya was no were to be found the whole weekend after picking me up from my place and dropping me at his home on Saturday. Yes, it was his home not mine yet. He went to work and returned home late and went away early in the morning. It was like he was avoiding me on purpose.

I was checking my bag to make sure I had everything when he walked in covered in sweat.

"Oh! you are still here." He looked like he was just returning from a workout. I don't think it's even possible to look sexy covered in sweat but he somehow does. If he wasn't a businessman he could surely be a model.

"Yes, why are you disappointed that I'm still here?" He asked mockingly. What crawled up his ass early in the morning.

"You know what, forget it." Shaking my head I went back to my earlier task.

"Where are you going so early in the morning dressed like that?" He asked, wiping the sweat from his neck.

"Work" I replied, not bothering to continue the conversation. I started heading out when he stopped me.

"How are you going there?" He took his phone out of his pocket and started calling someone. "Andrew, Anika madam is going to the office. I want you to take her there and pick her up every day from now onwards."

"There is no need for that. Mein chali jaungi mere car mein jaise me hamesha jati hu." I said heading out without waiting for his reply.

(I'll go in my car like always)

******

I was checking if everything was present on the dining table when I heard a loud screech.

"Chachi." I hear Aarav call me. Turning around I looked at him running towards me.

" Good morning my prince, are you ready for school?" His tie and hair were not at all done well. God, he's the cutest kid I've seen. He and I became close since the mehndi function of my wedding.

"Aarav." Aviraj Bhai was looking at him annoyed. "What did I tell you about running on the stairs?" He said angrily. He looked at me and greeted me with a small smile. Aarav was looking at the floor guilty.

"Not to run on the stairs." He said with a small voice. "Sorry papa, I Just wanted to greet Chachi." Sighing he crouched in front of him and ruffled his hair telling him not to do it again. By that time everyone started arriving and looked at the father-son duo with a smile.

"Come on now it's getting late for school." With that everyone started having their breakfast. I sat in my place and was pouring juice into my glass when Kartavya came.

"Good morning." He grunted. Oh, he's still grumpy. I reached for the eggs and started placing them on his plate when he held my hands. "I will do it myself." Taking the plate from my hands he started serving himself eggs. Embarrassed and angry by how he just acted in front of everyone I didn't offer him anything else.