Chapter 12

She has not once looked at me, she hasn't talked to me once

She has not once looked at me, she hasn't talked to me once. It's frustrating, god is it frustrating. She wouldn't even listen to what I have to say. Last night was one hell of a night.

I didn't expect the turn of events. I didn't even know how the time passed. I just wanted to have dinner and spend some time with my wife and her family but as alway luck wasn't on my side.

On top of that, everyone in the family has been giving me shit since they found out where I was last night. Bhai and Bhabhi have been distant with me and haven't talked to me after they got to know that I skipped dinner with Anika to have dinner with Mahira. Everyone is upset and disappointed in me, I can't even tell them the truth.

I have to talk Bhai and Bhabhi and tell them what happened last night and only they can help me comprehend how to move forward with the Mahira situation. But first I need to talk to my wife and make her understand the situation.

I've been pacing my room for the past 15 minutes. There is no sign of Anika. What is she doing? Why isn't she coming? I moved to the door to go downstairs and check on her when she entered the room.

As always she's looking like a fucking goddess. I sometimes just wanted to throw her against the wall and kiss her to my heart's content. I wanted to do it now. My dick strained against my pants just thinking about it. But if I did that she would definitely slap the shit out of me. Clearing my throat I focused on the matter at hand.

"We need to talk. Aur aap mujhe sunoge." I said moving towards her.

(You will listen to me)

"Acha kya karni hai baat aapko?" She crossed her arms against her chest.

(Oh what do you want to talk about?)

I took her by her shoulders and made her sit on the bed and sat beside her.

"First I want to say I'm really sorry for standing you up last night. Second, I'm sorry for talking to you like that." I looked at her and tried to take her hand in mine but she didn't let me.

"Of Course you are." she let out a sarcastic chuckle. "This has become a routine. Make a mistake and say sorry. But this isn't a mistake, this was a choice you made. You made a choice to have dinner with her. You completely forgot about our plans." She looked angry and disappointed.

"Anika, no you've got it all wrong. It's not what it looks like. I remember the dinner and was about to wrap up work for the day when she interrupted my meeting. Listen to what I have to say and then decide."

"Then please enlighten me. I'm giving you a chance, don't lie, tell me the truth."

Last night

"Yes Mr.Khurrana, I can buy that company and liquidate its assets and sell them to the highest bidders." I smirked looking at him.

" I would definitely be on-"

"Kartavya" I'm either hallucinating or there must be something wrong with me. "Kartavya." I heard it again. I turned around and looked at the person. I froze. What the fuck! What is she doing here? Wasn't she in London?