Chapter 34

All throughout the ride to the palace Avy kept glancing at me

 All throughout the ride to the palace Avy kept glancing at me. But I was consumed by my own thoughts to look at him. But when we reached the entrance of the palace driveway he asked Daniel to stop the car.

"Mihir." Avy called. When Mihir turned and looked at him he continued. "Amar's car is right behind us, can you go up to the palace in it." I looked at him but he was looking pointed at Mihir. It looked like they were having a silent communication between them. Finally Mihir nodded and got down. "And Mihir, send Andrew here." Mihir nodded.

"I'll see you around Bhabhi, Bhai." He waved and walked toward Amar's cars. After a few seconds Andrew sat in the passenger seat which Mihir was sitting a few moments ago.

"Dan, drive around and stop in a place where we cannot be disturbed." He instructed Daniel. Daniel nodded and started the car again. Avy closed the partition between us and them, giving us privacy. I closed my eyes knowing where this was going. I took a deep breath and waited with baited breath for his questions.

When he didn't say anything for a few seconds, I looked at him to see him watching me intently. He was about to open his mouth to say something, but I interrupted him.

"Before you say anything, can I call my grandparents, please. I will only talk to them for 5 mins." I pleaded, he must have seen the desperation in my eyes because he sighed and nodded. I quickly called my Dadi and waited for her to pick up the call.

"Ani, meri Bachi. How are you, baby?" She asked enthusiastically. Tears gathered in my eyes thinking of the photo. Avy took my hand in his and squeezed it lightly. I took a deep breath and answered her.

(My child)

"Yes, Dadi I'm fine. Are you okay, is Dadu okay?" I asked with an urgency.

"Yes, baba we are fine. Is something wrong Ani? It sounds like you are about to cry." I cleared my throat.

"I'm fine, I just miss you guys, that's all."

"It's okay Gudiya. You can call whenever you want and you know we will be available. And come stay with us for a few days after you return okay."

"Okay I will, take care of yourself and please take security with you whenever you go out okay."

"But, why are you telling me this now, Ani. You know your brother throws a fit any time I don't take them. Now you don't start." She chided.

"Okay okay I won't but please be careful." I said. After talking for a few more minutes. I finally hung up and looked at Avy, watching me with a worried expression.

"Tell me what's going on." He demanded. I opened the chat and passed him my phone. He took it from my hand and started reading it.

"I didn't read any message except for the first one and the one I received today. At first I thought it was a wrong text so I ignored it. And today when you went to Dadu, I received another message. Usually I ignore any unknown numbers but I decided to check it today." I sniffled. When I looked at him his eyes were filled with complete rage and they turned a little red.