Chapter 54

You know you have that gut feeling, that something is wrong but you don’t know what it is

You know you have that gut feeling, that something is wrong but you don’t know what it is. There was this sinking feeling in your stomach and you can’t pinpoint what it was. I’ve been feeling it since we came here. I have been restless and wanted to leave as soon as possible. If it were up to me we wouldn’t have come here at all. But since Anika insisted I had agreed. 

Speaking of Anika.

 She has  gone for 15 minutes and those 15 minutes were excruciating. I sighed for what seemed like the millionth time since she had gone. Why are we even here? We could have spent the night cuddled up in our bed instead of coming here. Feeling restless I stood up. I will go check on her. What was taking her so long.

“Sir, Mr.Raichand.” Atul called. I looked at him. “Where are you going, is everything okay?” 

“I’m going to check on Anika, she has been gone for a long time.” He nodded. When I started walking he called me again. Containing my annoyance I turned to him. “Yes?” I asked through gritted teeth. 

“Uh here.” He passed me a phone. “Anika’s phone.” I nodded and thanked him after taking the phone. I internally shook my head. She didn’t even take her phone. I started walking towards the restroom again. When I located the restroom the whole area was dark. What the fuck! I frowned and started walking faster. When I reached there I turned on the flash light in Ani’s phone and walked to the door.

*Knock* *Knock*

I knocked on the door. “Ani, are you okay in there?” There was no response, I frowned. I knocked again a bit louder “Anika.” But still silence. “Ani, I’m coming in.” I twisted the knob and walked in. As soon as I walked in my feet hit something. I flashed the light down and saw Krithika was lying unconscious. My breath caught in my throat as a cold shiver ran down my spine. 

My heart dropped to the pit of the stomach. I know something was wrong. “Anika!” I called out loud, while crouched down and tried to wake Kritika.  When she did not wake up, I stood up and further walked into the restroom and searched the restroom even though I knew she was not there. But still my heart didn’t listen. 

When I know I’m just wasting time. I walked outside and looked everywhere surrounding the restroom. But when I still didn’t find her I pulled out of my phone and called Daniel. “Search around the area, Anika is missing.” I said frantically. I ran my hand through my hair frustrated. 

“Yes sir.” He said and then I hung up. It’s been only 15 minutes they wouldn’t have gone far.

I tried one more time to wake up Kritika but she didn’t wake up. I huffed. Just then Daniel walked inside. “Sir!” He called. 

“Daniel! What are you doing here? I told you to search for Anika right?” 

“Sir, the others are searching. Sir calm down we need to think with a calm mind. You shouldn’t flip right now.” I wanted to shout at him but what he said was right, I need to be calm and think properly. I nodded and pointed towards Krithiks. While Daniel checked her I tried to walk out to search for my wife.